Suspension revalve WR250

Discussion in 'Common Items on Husqvarnas: Tires/tubes/grips/etc' started by motox415, Aug 5, 2008.

1. motox415 Husqvarna
    B Class

Any recomendations on where to send my suspension. My WR250 forks are too harsh in the roots/rocks. I have tried softening the initial stroke by putting lighter oil in but there was little change.
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  3. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
  4. justplayin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Well, we'll see. Decided to send mine out on Monday to Les after reading that "other" thread on how you guy's liked his work. Has me fired up and can't wait....
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    One thing, when you get it back do not be afraid to play with the clickers. I have found Les' work makes the bike have a much wider range of adjustment and it is possible to make it very soft to very stiff which I think is cool but you do have to realize you need to tune it to what you want / are doing. Don't just ride the bike and say it doesn't work 100% right and never touch the clickers like my friend does, drives me nuts. If your bike was idling at 4000 RPM would you not turn it down ASAP? So if your suspension is not working right ADJUST IT. This rant was not for you, its for...(you know who you are.)
  6. CKPC Husqvarna
    AA Class

I know this is dependant on his(LT) workload but what would you say is the turn around time? Not ready to do it just yet, but maybe later this year.
    Thx
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    If not swamped he is VERY quick.

K
  8. justplayin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Les told me 3 to 5 day turn around.
  9. justplayin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Is that what those fancy looking little screws were on each end? :eek:
    j/k... I ride with some folks like that too.
    I had an issue with a leaky seal so I figured.....why not!
    Besides, now I will have an extra set of seals in case I need them ;);)
  10. motox415 Husqvarna
    B Class

Thanks for the info. I just got off the phone with Les and I am going to send my suspension his way. I am in Alberta but the cost of extra shipping doesnt bother me aslong as my suspension works like everyone says it will.

Dave
  11. shotgunscott Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TXC 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    yamaha,suzuki,kawasaki,scorpa,AJP
    You will have the best suspended bike, dare I say, on the planet.

I took an 05 YZ suspension to Les and honestly told him what my riding level was, weight, and type of terrain that I was riding and he then transformed a mediocre suspension into a magic carpet ride.
    Just got my TXC suspension back from him and in 2 days of testing I again can attest to the fact that the guy flat knows what a rider needs in a suspension and how to make it happen. Absolutely no compromise in his work, it works great in all of my applications.
    The package is almost complete, Best Bike (Husky), Best protection (Motosportz), Best suspension (LTR) Now it's up to the rider.
  12. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Very important to any suspension revalve.