1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Surflex Slipper Clutch

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by crimson49er, Jul 14, 2009.

1. crimson49er Husqvarna
    B Class

Anyone have experience with these? They seem like a nice setup and a fantastic deal. i hate not having a slipper clutch, i've gotten so used to it on my gixxer.
  2. huskyfrk Husqvarna
    AA Class

slipper

i have one on my 450RR , works like a dream. and of course its italian......:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
  3. crimson49er Husqvarna
    B Class

thanks huskyfrk! thats the response i was looking for :D
  4. jaro51 Husqvarna
    A Class

Can you elaborate on "fantastic deal"? I'm in the market for a slipper for my SMR but having heartburn over the $900 or so from Motostrano. If there is a sale out there somewhere, let me know!
  5. crimson49er Husqvarna
    B Class

6. jaro51 Husqvarna
    A Class

7. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    Have you looked at the Rekluse that Motorsportz sells? The Pro model is cheaper and is made in Boise so you can talk to the guy that designed it (speaks English) if need be.
    I have one and love it. So I guess I have a dog in the fight.
    http://www.motosportz.com/HVA-SS/HVA-SS-Home.htm#Drive
  8. crimson49er Husqvarna
    B Class

interesting concept with the auto-clutch. but i think more partial to a traditional slipper clutch. i will definitely look into it though. Thanks Xcuvator!
  9. WRX Boy Husqvarna
    B Class

The Rekluse auto clutch and a proper slipper clutch do things very differently, but both have their place. The slipper clutch is designed to reduce rear wheel hop under deceleration due to engine braking on downshifts. When banging downshifts under hard braking, the slipper clutch does just that, slips the clutch allowing the rear wheel to stay in contact with the surface be it pavement or dirt.

The purpose of the auto-clutch is to prevent stalling at very low rpm, among other things. It only disengages when the engine rpm is slow enough. If you tried to use one in the same method as you would a slipper clutch, like on a supermoto bike braking at the end of a straight, you would find it operates much like a conventional clutch and you would still encounter rear wheel chatter.
  10. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    Well here I sit red faced for bringing up Rekluse in a slipper clutch discussion. I should know better than to post when it is late and I'm tired. But in the process I have learned about slipper cluches after doing a search this morning.:doh:
  11. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    my txc450 has a slipper clutch and an auto clutch built right into my left hand. May not operate at the same level as as either,but darn close.
  12. crimson49er Husqvarna
    B Class

thanks fellas. i appreciate all the feedback, even yours robertaccio :smirk: