1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    FE = 4st Enduro & FC = 4st Cross

FE/FC Supermoto wheels on a 701 enduro??

Discussion in '4st' started by MotoXotica, Jul 19, 2017.

1. MotoXotica Husqvarna
    AA Class

Can this swap be done considering ABS and wheel sensors, ECU programs , ect that are on the 701 bikes ? thanx for any info.Dan
  2. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Wish I could be more help but ask Dubya Wheels. They will know and are really great to work with
  3. bikesparky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    Superduke 1290
    I don't know the 701 system but I assume that it's similar to the software KTM uses on other models. I do know the superduke 1290 very well.
    If, and I say if, it is similar it can be done but a quick swap will be out of the question.
    First you will need wheels which have the sensor disk on it. If the sensors don't read, you can ride the bike but the ABS, odometer and possibly other functions won't work.
    Second, in the diagnostic tool there is a setup which allows you to choose wheel size, this to accommodate for different models in the range.
    This needs to be set every time you swap wheels. It pays to stay friendly with your dealer.
    If these conditions are met, all will be fine.
    When you start the engine without moving the bike, you probably noticed that there is a fault light on till the bike has moved a short distance.
    This is the system calibrating for wear in the tires, it does that every time you start so small differences can be accounted for.
  4. JonXX Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    360CR 360WR SM610 TC450 TXC250 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hondas, Harleys, Yammys & a squid
    It can be done but it's a gigantic pain in the butt if not done properly, and if done properly is very expensive cos the two models have different fork widths.

But since this was posted in July, you've undoubtedly found all of this out by now.