Supermoto/motard wheels for TE511

Discussion in 'Super Moto' started by stevedibbles, Jan 14, 2014.

1. stevedibbles Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE511
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 Yamaha R1
    hi guys, i'm super new to forums so i'm probably asking questions in the wrong place. i'm looking for someone selling motard wheels and tyres to suit a TE511. just a cheap set i guess for kicking around the streets, no racing going on here. thanks in advance
  2. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Suzuki SV1000/73 Honda CB350
    I went with the Warp 9 wheels.
    http://www.warp9racing.com/sm_wheels_Husqvarna.html
    Theyre good for the price. Just pay attention to your front wheel spacing, as the Warp 9 hub may not be the exact width as your stock hub. I had to add a shim on the outside of my stock spacer. Otherwise they work great. Just using them for the street. Will only do a few track days here and there. Make sure you put good quality high temp brake fluid in the master cylinder too! I use Motul. You dont want to experience the brake lever pulling all the way to the grip when trying to slide the back end out a bit haha.
    When you order the wheels from Warp 9 you get the offset bracket, sprocket, and both brake discs. I would suggest a rear sprocket in the 41-43 tooth range. I run a 42T.

. photo (3).JPG
  3. huskylove Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 cr125 in progress
    This ^ or the

marchesini forged wheels are looking very very nice. 16.5" front and a 5" rear would be awesome!

[IMG]
    K5PL5 likes this.
  4. Caiman Senior Vice Procrastinator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SWM SM500R
    Just wait until you see the price lol
    K5PL5 likes this.
  5. stevedibbles Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE511
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 Yamaha R1

yeah some people seem to want more than the bike costs:naughty:
  6. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Welcome! :cheers:

You posted a 'where can I buy wheels' thread well enough, which is what this thread turned into. If you want a specific 'wanted to buy' then you could put an ad up in the Classifieds here:
    http://www.cafehusky.com/forums/classifieds.27/
    Doug likes this.
  7. stevedibbles Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE511
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 Yamaha R1
    thanks "coffee"
  8. Sahara4x4 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki Z1000

I also purchase Warp 9 Super Moto wheels for my 2014 TE 449. When I order the wheels from Warp 9 they were extremely helpful and knowledgable. I also had them supply the tires, Michelin Pilot Power. They were delivered very timely and mounted up easily. I order a 44t rear sprocket, I wanted a 42t, but they only had 40t. What manufacture did you use for your 42t?
  9. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Supersprox 2 piece sprocket
  10. SDPUTTER Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 511
    Is a 42 tooth highway cruisable with the SM wheels? I run a 46 tooth with dunlop 606's and the gearing works for me.....first doesn't seem that high on the street. Would that be comparable?
  11. Alberto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
    guys, I got into the Warp9 site and when trying to order, it has the option for the front wheel to come with "floating rotor". what does it mean and what is floating used for?
  12. MaDProFF Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    STR
    I put the SMC wheels, but had to have a front wheel spacer made
  13. Teambowles Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    19 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    19 ktm 6 days excf 450 n excf 500
    I run warp 9's on both my 13's 449 and 511. When you call them give them your bike info they will know your issues and what you will need for your bike. You will most likely need shims at least mine did. They're usually about 2 weeks out on orders, you'll get shims, big brake rotors and wheels laced up. The front brake caliper is a bit of a pain but looks awesome when done. I got the red hubs for 449 a and black hubs for the 511, red ones look better IMHO. Running stock front sprocket and 40 rear, works awesome for street use. image.jpg
  14. Super5onic88 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    RGV 250
    Warp 9 would be the easiest and most cost effective. Def recommend a 40T rear to keep the rpm down when on the long roads.

Floating rotors/discs aren't one a one piece solid item. The stainless steel or ductile iron (Beringer) braking surface is held in place to the carrier via stainless steel rivets which allow for better thermal expansion and reduced chances of warping.
    Also allows the carrier to be made of different materials eg. Aluminium making them lighter.
    Alberto and 510 SM SC like this.
  15. 12NengPSG Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE449
    I too ordered Warp9 wheels and went with Shinko 006 Podium tires. I actually just purchased the bike and don't even have it yet. I am having a little difficulty finding tubes. Anyone have suggestions on where I can find tubes and what size you are using? Thanks
  16. huskylove Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 cr125 in progress
    [IMG]
    Mine came with a brake adaptor bracket but no wheel spacers. I used the factory spacers and axles. I had to go to OSH and purchase a "machine bushing " it was 1"id and 1-1/4" od for the front and one for the rear. Basically a 1mm thick washer. So mine was not quite right on with the hubs. It took about 20 minutes to fix the front spacing from start to finish, on the rear I ground the brake bracket on the swingarm for clearance. With the 5" rear makes it hard to get the damn tire out of the swingarm.

Now that its sorted I LOVE IT. But, part of me wishes I had bought marchi's as they are much much lighter. The warp 9's are really heavy for spoked wheels. That said, they are great! For the price it is a insane bundle!
  17. huskylove Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 cr125 in progress
    Anyone able to swap the te dash over to SMR settings? Any Ideas?
  18. 12NengPSG Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE449
    I found Tubes and went with DRZ 400 SM Rim strips. Very excited to get this thing on the road. We need a little rain to get the sand salt washed off the roads. I am wondering if anyone knows if the speedo/odo lets you set the wheel size? What's the best way to track my mileage and speed. I am thinking of getting the Trail Tech GPS computer. What is everyone else doing?
  19. 12NengPSG Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE449
    Where did you find the exhaust? The only thing I am finding is the Power Core FMF and the $1500 Akropovic system.
  20. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Its a Vance and Hines titanium slip on for a CRF450. I modified it to fit.