Suddenly stalling 630, manifold pressure?

Discussion in '610/630' started by Epicaluptus, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Epicaluptus Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna SMS 630 '11
    So, I fixed my radiator leak, put 2 gpi radiators on + other coolant tubes. This all was a pain in the ass!
    Took the opportunity to check valves, they were all within spec. So closed everything, tried to start again... It was difficult to start (oke with the fuel tank off for a week), but once I got it going, it would go very low in idle and stall.
    So I cranked the idle screw, idle is good now but when you let go of the gas, the rpms drop slow.
    I let it idle for a few minutes and it just stalls randomly.
    Also when I gave it some throttle, sometimes the neutral light blinked once.
    Tested some sensors, measured some things, tried again, gave it some throttle, and suddenly the light keeps blinking. So I hook up my Ibeat, manifold pressure low value. Is this the tps sensor thats faulty? Ordered one on ebay... I just want to ride.... Damn!
  2. silverstreakNZ Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82cr500,76gp360,90wr250,81 420AXC
    Other Motorcycles:
    74 tm400 , 02 gasgas ec 300
    No . Find the map semsor and either plug it back in or re connect the vacuum line to the intake manifold
    Trenchcoat85 likes this.
  3. Epicaluptus Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna SMS 630 '11
    Aha, oke... Sensor is plugged in (the tps sensor is all in one, pressure, temperature & throttle position...). The vacuum line, no idea where I undid a vacuum line...
  4. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    SuperTenere-GL1800-CBR900RR-KLX250S
    There have been several cases of TPS sensors failing over the years. It's the same Mikuni piece used on several different models of Yamahas/Suzukis, I purchased a new one from Ebay to have a spare on trips. Under $100.

Epicaluptus and Rotax_655 like this.
  5. Epicaluptus Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna SMS 630 '11
    So new TPS sensor, new wiring, no neutral blinking light but it runs. Runs oke when I give it some gas, on idle same thing (it idles a bit higher than before 1400rpm), stalls after a while. White smoke when I give it some gas -> water? Maybe head gasket? But then it should run no? PU plug is still good (2.16kOhms). Try with lambda and let computer do the maths to check if it gets better? Or adjust the CO value's again? I am a little bit stuck here, I hope some of you can shine their light on this case :D
  6. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    The stalling sounds like a fuel delivery problem. Have you kinked or pinched the fuel line? You may need to hook up a fuel pressure gauge to check condition of your fuel pump and regulator.

7. Epicaluptus Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna SMS 630 '11
    So update: I have 3 tps sensors, the original is failing sometimes on the manifold pressure sensor. Second one is broken, third one is a new one, but the voltage is inverted (goes from 4V throttle closed to 0V throttle open). So this is normal that when I rev it it stalls...
    I've also plugged the O2 sensor in and let it adjust the fuel settings, now it keeps running. So I think the problem was too much fuel and a faulty tps sensor.
    I hope I can get another correct sensor.
    Maybe I can check pressure later aswell...
  8. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    If you search Ebay for "YZF 125 tps" there are used ones available. I purchased a nearly new one from a Suzuki Bandit to have a spare.

9. Epicaluptus Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna SMS 630 '11
  10. Epicaluptus Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna SMS 630 '11
    So I got another TPS sensor...
    Plugged it in... Same problem as the previous one
    untitled.JPG
    Has there been an update from the sensor that instead of going to 5V that it goes to 0V? (closed throttle to open throttle)
    I'm kinda sick of this stupid problem.
    If I plug the original sensor back in I get this:
    untitled2.JPG
    So I guess the proble is inside the sensor? If it was the wiring then this sensor also should be giving a wrong value, right? But it looks the same as the original one, check previous post for the link to the ebay page.
  11. Rotax_655 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    ex TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia Pegaso 650 GA
    did you do the learning procedure of the new accelerator sensor ?. on the ibeat manual explains how to do it
  12. Epicaluptus Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna SMS 630 '11
    To set the new Idle voltage? Yes I tried to do this, but because it gives the high percentage it reads around 4V, when I open the throttle, the voltage goes to 0V... So it always gives an error that the adjustments can't be set. Now I'm thinking that maybe the throttle body might be faulty? Ill take some pictures from when I'm trying to set the TPS.
  13. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    I hate to say it, but I wonder if there are versions of this TPS that look identical but operate in reversed directions...? :mad: If so, I probably have a useless spare TPS.

There are a couple complete TE throttle bodies on eBay right now for a lot less than new...

Some pics of your TPS and the side of the throttle body might help.

14. Epicaluptus Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna SMS 630 '11
    I might have good news for you Dynobob, less good news for me... The seller contacted their supplier of the sensors, and it's possible that there has been a faulty batch of sensors, but there is a possibility that they aren't going to order a new batch. So I got faulty sensors, a refund, and still a Husky that won't ride.
    Also contacted SWM, same issue, you have to order the whole body to get the sensor.
    Contacted Mikuni, they said to flip polarity (+ & ground), but I don't think that's a good idea. If they can garantee me that it won't harm the other sensors, fine by me, but I want it on email :) So I am waiting atm for an answer, probably going to try it anyways with an old sensor.
    I got 4 TPS, you want a picture from all?
    Conclusion, my first thought was right, faulty sensor, now to fix it!
    Such a pitty, just installed heated grips for the winter and I can't ride now! Thanks for sticking by me.
  15. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    I'm not sure how you could flip + and ground. I don't believe there is a ground going to the sensor, only a 5v constant feed and 3 wires returning a percentage of that 5volts based on what the throttle, air temp, and barometric sensors are seeing.
  16. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Actually there are 5 pins, so maybe there is a 5v and ground. I still don't see how reversing them would help and it seems to me it would mess up the 5v feed to the other two parts of the TPS... ?

[IMG]

Rotax_655 likes this.
  17. Rotax_655 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    ex TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia Pegaso 650 GA
    you should test with a digital tester.
    looking at the wiring diagram, the central connector on which a black wire arrives is the one in common connected with
    lambda
    tilt sensor
    refrigerant temperature
  18. Rotax_655 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    ex TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia Pegaso 650 GA
    Part of wiring diagram 20180111_095307.jpg 20180111_095314.jpg
  19. Epicaluptus Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna SMS 630 '11
    Got an email back, and he misread my email, he thought I had a carb... So he also said it's not possible to flip them. Hoping that the supplier of the sensors get a new batch of good sensors in.
  20. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Where are you located Epicaluptus?