Still no Husky Factory Supported Race Team out west for 2012

Discussion in 'Racing' started by ajaxauto, Jan 11, 2012.

1. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Well Husky Race Fans. As of Jan 2012 there is NO Husky Factory Supported Race Team to cover all the West coast events.Lets see the last few years Husky did support Zip Ty Racing where that team raced.
    WORCs,Best in the Desert,USDR,Dist 37 Desert,Enduro and Big 6 Gran Prix They also raced Endurocross,
    24 Hours of Glen Helen,Tecate Hare scrambles and Tecate Enduro .Those races covered everything from Motorcross to Long distance races like Vegas to Reno PLUS they even did the LA X Games Seems to have did just about everything on every bike Husky makes
    They raced and tested WR 125 and CR 125 we not have better electronics,frams and brakets
    Wr 250 and Wr 300 we how have better electronics on all new 250 300
    TC and TXC 250 we have better bikes and a NEW 310
    TC TXC And TE 450 and 510 After getting that bike to work well it is no longer produced
    PLUS the ONLY American team to race the 449/511 the bike they do not even race in Europe .Over the last few years we as Husky fans saw many a Zip Ty Racing rider win races,even some Champships Plus the Zip Ty Team won the both the Tecate Enduro overall and as overall Team beat out all the other Factory Teams.
    Now with no support where have all the racers gone
    Well Nic Burson just rode a Kaw 450 at the BITD Parker 250 and did not show up at the first Dist 37 race which was held only 5 miles from his house.
    Rumor has it for the first WORCs race this weeken some of the Now not supported Husky riders will be there on Kaws.Will Husky have a west coast team at all.
    Husky does have a East coast support team BUT that team only rides one bike the 250/310 4 stroke in only ONE race event GNCC.
    Husky came to fame racing out WEST and was headed for a big return.Even there new office is now located here in So Calif BUT now we have no one
    that has any Husky connection racing and sending in racer feed back.Will the bikes get any better or just stay the same.With out Nic Burson on a 449 who will ride one.Just this past weeken
    the first 4 husky to finish were 2 strokes

Just asking what is going on with Husky. Fans want to see they racing again
  2. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I suspect the weak sales didn't support it.
  3. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

It was nice to be able to send race results to Husky doubters and say look who beat your KTMYamHonSuzSaki. I guess those days are gone again in the US.... :banghead:
  4. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    This makes no sense. No friggin sense. :(
  5. fury1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

keep sending in and posting your own results everywhere,you dont need a pro to get exposure on any level,with budget cuts across the board for all the manufacturers,its no surprise there is very limited support
  6. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

There are VERY FEW people that show up on a Husky to race and those of us that do can not ride the bike to its protential.If we do see a problem area that if looked at might help the brand if corrected,
    Who do we talk to? At least a supported race team can work with the Factory
    WHITEROCKET5.9 likes this.
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I think that is the reality of it unfortunately.
  8. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Good news is that FAR is back in the Husky roots racing, doing both GNCC and Nat Enduros with their 2 man team.
  9. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I wonder why zipty backed out? They're selling their 310s... :( Wish I had $6k for one.
  10. fury1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

too bad Scot moved on,was nice giving him our suggestions..but hey were in the same boat with GasGas,word of mouth,least we have Clay to listen to all our problems and help with factory issues..smaller companies just cant compete on a national level,the money is just not there.
  11. Desertyucca Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511 & TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    DR650, IT490 a few others.
    My 2 cents....If it was not for Zip-TY Racing at the different Events last year, I would have never thought of Husqvarna. I went looking for the KTM went home with a new 511.:D

12. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

From what I have heard they did not back out.Zip Ty Racing had a 2 year contract with options for a 3rd year.Then in Dec they were told to send in a proposal even tho they already had a 2 year contract with options for a 3rd.All suport stopped at that point.
    A new proposal has been sent in and as of now they are still waiting for a responce.Also from what I have heard the Zip Ty Riders who rode Husky in 2011 have not signed to ride another brand.But are riding other bikes for now since no new Husky were made avalible and last years bikes were returned to the factory.The 310s were set up for Endurocross
    and are not really the bike of choice for WORC and Open Desert at the level these guys ride.
    Hard to beat another Factory brand 450 with a 310 when you are going for a overall
  13. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    I will personally step up and represent Husqvarna NA in every race and or ride I enter. Basically the same function I've been doing for the last..........8 years.
    And way before then in the 510TX days
    WHITEROCKET5.9, Motosportz and HuskyT like this.
  14. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

This is all sad and really goes back. Back when they should of done things alot differently. It sucks, but in and economy where I don't even know whats going on day to day, or if I will have enough money to race next season. Like Robertaccio, I will step up with pride and represent Husqvarna NA as much as I can. No Devil (Gas Gas) for me, just more Husky socks !
  15. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    There's a bit of irony... Husky NA is run out of a few cubicles in New Jersey BMW building and you have a kick @$$ West Coast Husky Team. Husky NA moves to Cali and builds fancy HQ where the sun always shines and you don't have a West Coast Husky Team. Only so many Dollars to go around, be careful what you wish for. I represent Team Husqvarna always!
  16. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Norman I was not going to go there but since you said it I will add to it.I started racing Husky in 2006 when I met Rob Keith at the Long Beach MC show.That day I ordered
    3 new bikes and took delivery thru my local soon to be Husky dealer.Then Rob set me up with Eraldo at FBF who helped get them dialed in.Husky back in those days was run by only a hand full of people with nothing but true love of the brand.When I heard Zip Ty was going to work with Husky I called him and said Husky is like the old days when we both rode ATKs except with more money to spend on the bikes.Now Husky has hired alot of new people and is owned by a car company with different ideas.I still beleive there is no way to compair racer feed back to office personal.
    As far as representing Husky That is something I try to do every day.There is no one out here on the west coast that has promoted Husky more then I do at the races
    Both my sons and I have only good results from our bikes.But this post is just about the future where race fans want to see a winning team not just a bunch of people having fun
  17. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Things change. Three years from now it will be something else. that's racing. I think the FAR thing is great and the GNCC gets the press so probably the right move. As for Ty that sucks. Hope they work it out. Great guy the few times I met him.

Thanks for representing 125 style Norm :thumbsup:
    robertaccio likes this.
  18. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    So the ball got dropped somehow and there's a delay. That sucks, but it's better than no hope of a team at all. Hopefully this is a one time screw up and won't happen next year. I think ZipTy has done great on Husky and had been good for the brand. I'd like to see them continue racing the bikes for many years.
    Motosportz likes this.
  19. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I know this may sound lame but.....we...the brave Husky few are the Husky race team. We can represent, fly the flag, and get onto podiums, let another brand rider try our scoot at a dualsport or even while playriding. This will get the nay sayers on board. Not factory team for sure but then again....partisans, insurgents, and guerillas aren't Soldiers either but they can.... and have won battles and wars. So until something more than FAR comes about.....my battle cry on my Husky is going to be..."Go Team Guerilla!" Team Guerilla is now taking sponsorship aplications. The pay sucks but the bike, fun and comeraderie cannot be beat!
  20. montgob1 Husqvarna
    A Class

Ajax said we want to see a pro team racing the brand.. and i agree. This decision had nothing to do with the economy. If husky is done with zip-ty... the problem is there are few individuals/teams willing to step up and put it on the line with a husky. And i don't blame them. we can all run out and fly the husky flag all we want... but that wont get the brand in MXA.