STEERING STABILIZERS ?

Discussion in 'Common Items on Husqvarnas: Tires/tubes/grips/etc' started by Chas Madison, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Chas Madison Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 te 511
    Other Motorcycles:
    kawasaki klx
    Howdy, I am researching the different stabilizers on the market for my 2012 TE511, what seems to be the best? I ride 80% trails. Encounter lots of very loose gravel soft dirt and sand in my area. Do they really help? How do they perform on my 20% highway. I find most of my fall's are after I loose the front end and then all control:eek:, I am a 180lb rider and over 55yrs old, so keeping the falling to a minimum is way up on my list. Any input would be great, Thanks
  2. Glenn haynes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    13 yz250f 08yz85 11ktm 65 09 ktm65
    stabalizers work great! Asking which one is best is like asking "what oil is best".I have Gpr and love it,cannot ride without it,very easy to use and does a great job.
  3. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The only Husky I ever rode that maybe needed a damper was my '10 TE250 but I dont use one on that even though I had a new Scotts sitting in a box.

I have a damper on my Yamaha and it needed one for sure.
  4. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    My Wr250 didn't need a dampner but my old man right wrist did. I bought a Scott's with a BRP under bar mount and raised my bars higher all in one purchase.
  5. Bionic Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449
    I have the Motosportz damper. Only been out a couple times since I got it, but it's great so far. Easy to adjust and simple to install. You don't really know it's there on the road, but off road in rocks or ruts it could save your butt. It's one of those things you don't think about until you make it through a nasty section and realize you didn't land on your head.
  6. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    Motosportz is the only one I've tried. LOVED it...
  7. fasteer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 701 Enduro
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco SEF300 (for sale)
    I was on the third day of a 3 day ride in Crowsnest Pass a while ago.
    I was tired and riding like crap, deflecting off rocks, roots, bike was going all over the place.
    Turned the Motosportz dampner up just a bit, all problems disappeared.

Had a Scott's dampner on a Honda CRF, it was great too.
  8. rajobigguy Administrator

Dampers do a great job of reduceing fatigue. I have the Motosportz damper and couldn't be happier. it's easy to adjust on the fly, has a nice return to center ratio and the fit and finish are awesome.
  9. michaelyogi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '09 TE 310, '14 FE 250
    Got a Motosportz on a TE310... came with the bike... First one I have ever used. Made me believer the first time I came across baby head gravel... I felt so confident I was hitting the wheelie action on all the water bars. Remarkable... YMMV.
  10. thumperrider1 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 310 TXC
    Motosportz is awesome to deal with and I would not hesitate to go with their damper setup. He gives great deals to CafeHusky members. Top notch customer service to boot!
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    these guys semm to know what they are talking about :lol:

I would like to add that stabilizers are not just for bikes that are inherently unstable like a KTM 200 but also calm bikes down that are stable and allow lighter grip on the bars and less fatigue. My TE511 certainly did not "need" one but is nice and calm through the ricks and skating across the silty hard pack and dealing with deep mud etc. Also calms bikes down running knobs on pavement making it feel like you have street tires on.
  12. jon6.0 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Triumph Speed Triple
    The "gasp" KTM 640 I just bought came with an Ohlins/Scotts damper on it. I can't believe I've been riding for 20 years without one. It works that well. I didn't even get any arm pump wrestling that pig down the trails near Crown King and Prescott Arizona. I need to get one for my 449 now.
  13. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Does the Motorsportz dampener tortion in both directions like the GPR or is it one way like the Scotts?
  14. AndrewS Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE350s 2013 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 TE250 (sold)
    Both directions.
  15. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Both ways but does not feel like a GPR (I'm not wild over those / too heavy feel at the bars IMHO). We did a lot of internal things to make it feel smooth and unobtrusive while riding. Rider fell was very important in the design. Like ours the damping falls off gradually as you turn towards lock instead of drops off and on as a hard wall like GPR and Scotts. I like the Scotts a lot and we had a clean sheet design and use Scotts as the target for things we liked. It has a different feel and works a little different.
    ray_ray and Tinken like this.
  16. jon6.0 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Triumph Speed Triple
    What's it run for a 2011 TE-449 kit? All stock up front except 24mm Touratech bar risers.
  17. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  18. andyman Husqvarna
    AA Class

If anyone else needs a reason to push them towards a Motosportz dampner/damper, I love mine. It's been rebuilt once by Kelly's team at motosportz. They rebuilt it, updated it, filled it and shipped it back to me... gratis. Not only is it a great product, the service after the sale is A++.

Funny thing about this damper, it's completely transparent until you take it off :) I've thought before that I "really didn't need it anymore", so I took it off. bad idea hahahahaha. It's amazing that it doesn't affect the feel/handling of the bike as far as my brain is concerned, but it stabilizes the bike tremendously.
    ray_ray likes this.
  19. Chompychay Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te310r
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha wr450f
    Hi guys,
    i have been trying to get in contact with the MotorSportz to buy a damper. Absolutely no reply for couple of weeks......does anyone knows they are still trading? The Website looks up to date!
  20. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Did you try private messaging?