Steering stabilizers back in stock, blue ones too!!!

Discussion in 'Motosportz' started by Motosportz, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Our damper inventory got hammered and we got behind building more. Parts are coming out of the anodizers right now and we are building like crazy. I sent everyone I knew that was on a backorder list an Email but wanted to give a heads up here in case I missed anyone. Just a simple FYI that we will be shipping end of the week.

Also we did some kits in a nice deep blue for the new huskys if anyone is interested.

thanks
    Kelly
    Mz
    bigjon, Tinken and LandofMotards like this.
  2. Par4 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 txc 250
    Great news, I didn't get the email but saw this here. Excited to try it out.

Bill Parr
  3. TomGlander Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE 511
    Just ordered one today for my TE511. Looking forward to seeing it soon.
    Motosportz likes this.
  4. TomGlander Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE 511
    Damper arrived today. Large problem -- the damper arm isn't long enough to reach the pin that mounts to the frame. This is disconcerting. I don't see how this can be corrected without waiting for a longer arm. And why would this occur at all? It's Friday evening, the bike is torn down, and the parts don't fit. Before I blow a gasket, I'll wait patiently for assistance.
  5. Darkside Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none left
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta, ktm, aprilia
    Let's see pics of the blue ones!
  6. TomGlander Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE 511
    I've sent email to Kelly. This really looks to be way off, and there's really only one way to put this thing together.
  7. TomGlander Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE 511
    Here's a photo of the problem. Anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this? I looks like the damper arm is just plain and simply too short. Why would that be? How can a part that's made for this bike be so far off, unless this is a damper for a different bike? Mystery.

[IMG]
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    CRAP!!! My fault. The 511 damper takes the longer arm and that the arm for the 310. They do slide in the mount but the pivot point of the damper must be centered on the steering stem. Looks like you have it right but the Arm ios the wrong one. Will send a longer arm and new bolt tomorrow. VERY sorry.

Kelly
    Mz
  9. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    Hmmm, hard to really tell from that picture...

But what it looks like to me is you might have it slid too far back in the mount. The nut on the bottom of the damper should be centered over the steering stem nut. If it is centered then you have the wrong damper arm, it is an easy part to swap out and I am sure Kelly will send you one ASAP.

Later,
  10. TomGlander Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE 511
    Well, looks like I'm not going riding until I put the bars back on. Maybe I'll just leave it all undone until the proper part gets here. Like Kelly said, I was sent a 310 arm for my 511. Ok, mistakes happen. No worries. When it gets here, I'm sure there will be a $50 check included for the inconvenience. Wink wink. Just having fun. Looking forward to the correct parts so I can get back on the road again.
    bigjon likes this.
  11. TomGlander Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE 511

Yo Kelly, yup, crap happens. No matter, I appreciate the quick response from you on this. At least now I know what to expect, and my suspicion about this being an incorrect arm was validated. Again, the product looks great. Well made, quality stuff. Looking forward to receiving the proper arm. Thanks again.
  12. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    You can still ride your bike. Leave it all on there and just remove the damper from the mount.

- Very sorry, simple oversight we had a bunch of back orders and must have hurried to much on this one.
    dslrngr likes this.
  13. TomGlander Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE 511
    I'm hoping Monday or Tuesday it will be here. Just remove the damper from the front mount... I don't understand how this is done.
  14. TomGlander Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE 511
    Update... After you mentioned removing the damper from the mount, I just slid the damper back in the mount about a half-inch so it lines up with the post. It works now. There's just not quite as much of the damper in the mount groove now, but it seems to work ok. So is the longer arm really needed at this point? If it will work like this, I'm good with it, unless the damper needs to be further forward for some reason.
  15. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

Many people don't read the instructions all the way and miss the part about the damper sliding in the mount and aligning it with the steering stem post. BUT, as i just Emailed you, if you have the short arm and move it top fit it will not be right. THE DAMPER PIVOT POINT MUST BE ON CENTER WITH THE STEERING STEM. This is also in the instructions. The right arm for that install is just slightly over 3 inches long total. The short arm which is wrong is 2.35 inches. Check which one you have. If it is the short arm do not run it off center like that as it will cause binding and wear parts out.

- Looking at your picture I can almost guarantee you have the short / wrong arm. I already posted one off to you.

Sorry about the miss ship.

Kelly
  16. TomGlander Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE 511
    No worries. I'll install the proper arm when it gets here. Yes, my arm is too short. Meantime, on my test ride, the jerry rigged method works. But it won't stay that way for long, as I'm sure the new part will be here soon and I'll install everything properly. Just wanted to test it. Only rode 30 miles with it installed "improperly", but it worked very nice. No wobbling and whatnot. I posted a review in the General forum. Good stuff. Thanks again. You're the best in my book. :applause:
  17. badcopnodonut Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE511 motard/dirt seasonal..
    trying to get a hold off these guys, any of you have any tricks or pointers? thanks.
  18. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    Email usually works best but this should get their attention.

I believe Kelly was out of the office today.

Later,
  19. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I was gone and I'm out running around a lot today. Email or PM me please.

Kelly
  20. Blaster11 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511
    Other Motorcycles:
    R1200GSA, HP2 Enduro, and a DRZ434S
    Just ordered one for my TE511!