SRA GP MX Glen Helen Sun Jan 25th Any Husky riders?

Discussion in 'Racing' started by HuskyT, Jan 19, 2009.

1. HuskyT Moderator

I'm racing the SRA GP MX at Glen Helen on Sunday Jan 25th. ......and I'm looking for another podium for my Husky!

HSQ TC450 '05

www.sragpmx.com

Sorry Rob and Ajax but due to time constraints I'm doing this race instead of Lucerne Valley as it only ties me up until noon.

In any case .....would like to have more Husky's show up at Glen Helen MX. Last time it was Rob , Ajax and ME.

If anybody can make it post up!

All classes / all skill sets 3 1/2 mile GP MX track including the outdoor National MX track.

T
  2. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

If you ride fast you could finish both 40 mile loops by noon .If you only did the first loop then for sure you would be done by noon.PLUS it is cheaper no gate fee and if you have a AMA card then it will only cost you 40 bucks Come on up and see History in the making the return of Factory supported Huskys in the Desert
    Neck come up sat and ride all day for free if you do not race sun then just watch the start and then leave early.Why be the lone Husky at Glen Helen when you could be one of many in the desert
  3. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Ajax sounds like my USMC recruiter I think that T is chasing points at SRA, yes?

The adventure of lining up (behind) some of the fastest racers in the country and seeing the factory offroad teams makes the Nat thing very appealing.
    I would love to see T lining up with us. Think on it T!!! Its just a big ride through the Dez with full race support and everyone going the same direction!! Ya can let it hang out a little more....R
    PS I still have the 6 month start voucher for Glen Helen.... but my schedule may kill it
  4. HuskyT Moderator

Actually Rob, you nailed it on the head..... I think that this is the year that I can actually clear my schedule to ride in each and every months SRA GP MX...... I want to race enough at Glen Helen to transition out of beginner into Novice class. I did fairly well in points last year but only made 6 of the races. A lot of the guys that I ride with won't even consider racing and lining up at Glen Helen. I personally like the challenge it presents.

Will have to podium two more times in SR beginner to move up to SR Novice.....

Plus I have to listen to my own advice sometimes.... practice until perfect and frankly that is what Glen Helen demands ( at least for me) . Lining up with 40 other riders on the line at Glen Helen ( even on the beginner line) presents a great challenge and a great chance for me to represent Husky ......

The thought of lining up with all of you guys in the High Desert is very appealling but I have to go with what my heart tells me to do right now....

T
  5. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Its all good!!! Getting the Husky to the races!!! See ya soon, R
  6. HuskyT Moderator

The season opener at Glen Helen was an absolute blast! Cold wet and foggy for most of the morning....TOns of bikes.... estimating 150 plus in senior classes alone. Track was groomed to perfection. Don did a good job on this one. Very fast and used all of the Ridgelines, and also used all of the monster hills including Mt St Helens, Mt Whitney and Yamaha Hill. Nice flowing jumps.

I had a great race but a crappy start ( stalled on the line) missed the clutch with my hand and popped into 2nd...killed the bike on the line and watched everybody go halfway to the first turn.... recovered quickly with the e-start and eliminated about 20 bikes by the third turn and picked off a few more over the course of four laps. 36 bikes on my line.... I think I still finished top ten after completely blowing the start.....

One other brand new Husky racing SR expert... last name Jefferson.... this guy absolutely blew me out of the water and lapped me two and half laps in.... he was making that Husky look damn good.... I did not get a chance to talk to him but damn he was fast....

Stellar track, amazing layout... best ever in my Glen Helen SRA GP MX HIstory .
  7. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Andy Jefferson, rides for ZIP-TY Racing.
  8. Leftcoast leftkicker Husqvarna
    AA Class

THE Andy Jefferson of Pro Circuit Husky fame? Sweet!
  9. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
  10. HuskyT Moderator

I was balls out riding hard outside of my normal comfort zone trying to make up for my crappy start...... This guy blew past me , very courteous, I remember him giving a quick yell and then he was by me and gone.......passed me in a right/left /right transition through a little 10 ft wide creek bed....:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::cheers:

Again, this guy was fast..... one of, if not, the fastest riders I've ever seen at the Glen.
  11. HuskyT Moderator

And here is my race shot...... I had battled hard with a guy named Eric on his '09 KX450F for half of the third lap..... this is where endurance pays off.....and time on the elliptical.... I didn't see him again until the race was over.......

[IMG]

T
  12. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    man the track looks great !
  13. HuskyT Moderator

It was beyond great ! just look at how soft it was.... no dust .... perfect traction!

T