spy shot husky/harley

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by MikeB, Apr 8, 2014.

1. MikeB Husqvarna
    AA Class

2. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    Shaw-Speed-Customs-XL1200-Cross-6.jpg
    very sharp! not sure i like the "hd" inside the gunsight but very cool bike. very tasteful. even has ohlins on the bike
  3. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE 501 with lots of goodies.
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G450X, 15'FE501, 23 KTM 1290 SAR
    What the heck would anyone do with this? Rolands, Daddy's (Performance Machine) money lets Roland build whatever he wants.

I'm not against Hybrid bikes, heck I have one myself but it has an intended purpose and it gets used in the dirt. What could you possibly use this for?

This bike can't be what it clearly isn't. It's not even what it is. No plates, No tags, No lights, No handling, No street, No Dirt, No Way. Great For pictures. Thats it! Ridiculous.

I've owned and built a few custom bikes, I've had them published as well but I could actually ride them daily and everything that could be, was hand fabricated. Nearly everything on this bike came out of a catalog and off a shelf except the footpegs and shifter, sprocket guard and seat. Then it probably costs about 10 times more than its worth. In a few years you couldn't get what it actually cost to build if you were sourcing the parts yourself. Even if you got a good deal when you picked up the wrecked donor Sportster they used to build this thing.

Ok, I'm ready to get hammered by everyone now who loves it, go ahead!
    juicypips and 454x like this.
  4. MikeB Husqvarna
    AA Class

it was built by Shaw Speed & Customs using a lot of RSD parts. RSD seems to be a pretty successful enterprise. I'm sorry my link didn't post a picture but if you follow it it shows some more views. I posted just cause in my own heart of hearts it just about as much Husky as the latest rebadged KTM's (I'm NOT trying to start a fight over this again - just saying) - and I appreciate the nod to Husky. And I'd ride it as long as I didn't have to pay for it.
  5. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Sport Classic / Ducati Multi.
    Not much a Harley fan though I always wanted a Springsteen style XR 750 for the street. I met Steve Storz in 2006 seeking a steering damper for my Duc. I think (for a parts manufacturer and mostly his history), he crafts some of the better HD's for real road use . I'm not a chopper/bobber/bagger fan anyway.

[IMG]

http://www.storzperf.com/np_SP1200RR.html
  6. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    I think it will run in the dirt ... Not that I'd want to ride it fast or even ride it ... Even if it had disc brakes ...

Pipes double as a skid plate? Maybe this is really a salt-flats running bike ...Yep on the cost ...

Ok on the Husky nod but please, lets all hope HD is not in the Husky future ...
  7. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Could you imagine if HD bought Husky? Everyone complains about KTM pricing lol
    LAHuskyrider likes this.
  8. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yaa sure "RSD" is big now. He started tooling around in Daddy's "Perry Sands" ("Performance Machine's" Shop) since he was a spoiled rotten kid, using Dads parts at first to build bikes in the beginning. A few tweaks here and there on those parts he liked the most and they got relabled "RSD" and he started designing things to put his own name on from then on. Most all of those parts are nearly a carbon copy of the stuff his dad was already making. Just minor detail machining changes for the most part and of course the "RSD" label. Yaa, don't forget the overpriced all important "RSD Label" and huge price tag.

Many companies make products just as nice at much more reasonable costs and aren't all labeled up. Those products take just as much time and effort and are done on identical machinery as well and they seem to always be much more affordable.

Like I said Daddy's Money! (I'm not arguing or intending to start a fight over this either, on the contrary). Its all good. This bike just doesn't make any sense. You can't even ride it around the block without getting a citation.

I'd stand in line with ray_ray to bash those pipes in myself if he'd save some of it for me to bash. Sounds like a plan.
  9. 72racerx Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13 WR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 VFR800
    Here's what a real off road Harley looks like.

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Big Timmy and juicypips like this.
  10. rasputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

i don't like it. and i'm glad it wasn't roland sands who built it.

r
    Big Timmy and Norman Foley like this.
  11. Phaeton Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 wr 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2011 GASGAS EC 300 2007 KTM 200 XC
    Check out the front brake set up on the H/D Husky. Take it off road and the front brakes would be applied without you knowing it. Scary.
    Big Timmy likes this.
  12. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    It's idiotic. A real piece of garbage. I hope in a few years that all the "Old School bobbers" and "Cafe Racers" are all out of style again, just like the "fat rear tire choppers" went out of style. Then people who bought crap like this bike would be stuck with the garbage being built like this. Even though at one time, like any craze they thought it was cool and maybe it was. Then they find out what crap it really is and they couldn't even give it away. The people who build this kind of crap will be out of business also.

Good point made about the front brakes "Phaeton", looks quite deadly. It wouldn't have to be if it was driven in the dirt. It would apply at any time it was driven.
    Unsafe! Ugly POS.
  13. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Evel jumped 750cc Harleys. Please don't insult him or his memory with a drugstore cowboy...

Evel Knievel jumps the fountains at Caesars Palace, New Year’s Eve, 1967. He wrecks during the landing, breaks over 40 bones and is in a coma for 29 days. A star is born.[IMG]

I'm guessing those are not stock forks but maybe they are ... They look better than what my 98 sportster had out front.
    [IMG]
    rasputin likes this.
  14. flyingbob Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    01 WR360_02 WR250_12 WB165_17 FC350
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 VOR400_07 TM450_22 GG250_07 Tuono
    Wonder how many times Evel Knievel said, "Oh, Sh*t!"
    Dangermouse449 likes this.
  15. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Thats funny with Evel in mind .... Not sure if he ever said it but he 'Walked his talk' ... He needed sprockets from HD (?) once for more speed to clear a jump ... They did not arrive in time and jumped anyway (he said jumped because he had spent the upfront money) knowing he was probably not gonna make it ... And he did come up short or something and crashed .. That was just 1 of his many wild stories.

If there was 1 of a kind, it was him. No peers that I know of. He was sort of a circus sideshow performer that hit the big time, at the right time and era. Robbie jumped a 500 honda 2t I think ... That would have been too easy for Evel ... Not enough "Oh, Sh*t!" for him :)
    flyingbob likes this.
  16. DTX915 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kdx200 tt500 yz450 klx125
    I met Evel once and that was enough. Robbie was called out by Dough Senecal aka Dough Danger and never answered.

The Harley, whatever its not my money.
  17. oldbikedude Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1988 wr 430 with cr suspension
    Other Motorcycles:
    66flh,67 CA77,76 CR125M,73H1,74ty250
    I think that custom Harley/Husky is just silly. The brakes are a joke, but to each his own. Certainly nothing to get bent out of shape over. I remember watching Evil on ABC's Wide World of Sports as a kid. He was the Man! (heard he was a bit of an "A" hole too, lol...) Excuse my language. Thats some serious weight with crappy breaks & not much suspension on his V twin! I know....I have one lol. Oh, & thats not a Harley over Ceasers Palace, it's a Triumph:thumbsup:
  18. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I met Evel Knievil myself and am looking at a picture of him right now. It was taken in 2003 at Daytona bike week with my Older Brother. He had on a Red White and Blue, Stars and Stripes Jacket. The Harley Bagger he was riding was all White and airbrushed with images of him jumping on his bikes, including the Snake River jump. The art work on the bike looked like little cartoons..

My Brother asked me only one question after we stopped, after we had driven past him and we hooked a U-turn to go back. I made my Bro take a picture. Then he said "How did you know that was Evil Knievil, his back was to us and he still had his helmet on? I told my Bro, "Who else would dress like that with white boots, leathers and all".

I went to the Snake river jump myself when I was like a sophomore in Highschool with a buddy of mine and his family. He was really something back then.

Yaa thats a Triumph! The XR 750s he prepped for jumps weren't exactly like a flat track XR750 either. I believe the forks were "Ceriani" but he may have tried several types including "Betor's" at different events at one time or another.
    oldbikedude likes this.
  19. oldbikedude Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1988 wr 430 with cr suspension
    Other Motorcycles:
    66flh,67 CA77,76 CR125M,73H1,74ty250
    I saw him at Daytona in 2003 as well, his "rocket bike was on display down there. Somewhere I have a picture of him in Daytona picking his nose. lol.. (true story)
    Big Timmy likes this.
  20. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Well there you go. Thats about normal for all of us, so that shouldn't be taken as an insult...