Sprocket Sizes Help Please 630 TE

Discussion in '610/630' started by David1150pug, Mar 22, 2014.

1. David1150pug Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    bmw
    Hi
    Can anyone one recommend a sprocket size for my TE630 either front or back it is currently Standard which is a 42 at the back, most of my riding is of the more slower technical variety ,so it seems way over geared..the bike has the cats removed and a jd tuner..

Many Thanks David.........
  2. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR250R, GoldWing, Africa Twin
    I am using a 45 and it works everywhere I go but a 47?would be good for very tight and steep work. For true dual sport use I would stay with the 45.
  3. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    Kind of depends on where you ride, really. I went 1 tooth down in the front and stayed standard in the back and I'm happy with it.
  4. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR250R, GoldWing, Africa Twin
    Yep, same as going up 3 on the back ratio-wise. I always like to run the largest CSS possible to help that sprocket and the chain last a little bit longer.
    jtemple likes this.
  5. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    I run 14/45 for general use, 13/45 for gnarly/tight stuff, and 15/42 for supermoto on my '06 610.
    Watercat likes this.
  6. BACKMARKER Husqvarna
    A Class

15 - 44 here but for D/S use.
  7. mekanik Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    The mountains of British Columbia likes a 14/45,top highway speed here is only 60 MPH anyway.
  8. BiG DoM Husqvarna
    AA Class

A 47 is a very nice combo.
  9. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

For those of you using a 15/45 combo.. did you purchase a new chain also or will the stock chain fit?
  10. SilverBullet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 300EXC, V-Strom650, Super Tenere
    Stock chain works. Actually since going to a 45 rear I've replaced the chain and stayed with stock number of links as I found it optimum even with the larger sprocket. Plus it will allow using a 14 in the front if I ever need to gear lower.

_
  11. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    With the stock length chain, I go to 15/42 on supermotos (near the back end of the adjustment) and 14/45 on dirts (near the front end of adjustment).
  12. TE 450 Pilot Husqvarna
    AA Class

14 - 46 around town and tighter trails. 15 - 46 for longer trips with highway millage.
  13. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I've been running a 15/42 with my sumo set up but was not able to fit a 15/45 with dirt trim and stock chain. 15/44 works in dirt trim with stock chain length but with a new tire you will still slightly scrape the rear shock mud guard.
  14. BaronVonDarrin Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 te630
    Other Motorcycles:
    wr250r, CL175
    I dropped one in the front (14) and went to a 46 [edit: typo] in the rear. It killed off a little of my highway but I feel like its much snappier and I never liked this bike on the highway to begin with so screw it.
  15. North Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te610
    Other Motorcycles:
    530 ktm 1200GS
    I run 15 / 48. I run around the Bike around town and Dualsport ride. Some gnarly stuff once in while.

The stock was 15 / 45.
  16. mekanik Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Stock on a TE630 is 15/42
  17. willie Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    Changed stock gearing to 14/45 shortly after buying bike in 2011. Best setup for me. 1st is low enough for trail riding and 6th still gives a comfortable highway cruising speed. Can use stock chain and as for rumors of increased chain wear going from 15 to 14, I have not seen this. Put over 100 k miles on various bikes over the years with many different sprocket combos and see no appreciable wear until you go below 13 t.
    mekanik likes this.