Sprocket quest...

Discussion in 'Common Items on Husqvarnas: Tires/tubes/grips/etc' started by 2thdrinOR, Oct 18, 2017.

1. 2thdrinOR Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE310R dual sport
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 V-Strom 1000 ADV
  2. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    sure, why not?

you can get middle of the road steel sprockets for about $20 less though (30-32oz) or aluminum too. you can get high end sprockets for about $20-50 more (supersprox, dirt tricks). I do not recommend the supersprox stealth if you're looking for weight reduction- it ain't there. dirt tricks ironman might be better there.

if you wanna split the difference between the mid-level and upper-echelon, then your pick of the superlite might be the way to go.

be careful when ordering counter shaft sprockets for our bikes; they're one-of-a-kind. not even other huskys can use them.
  3. 2thdrinOR Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE310R dual sport
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 V-Strom 1000 ADV
    Thanks for the info. Yeah with my limited skills I am mostly going for durability with some weight reduction. For a beginning rider, (or for any I guess) do the aluminum sprockets tend to wear out faster, being a compromise for the weight savings? I never even thought of running aluminum sprockets on my street bikes of course...
  4. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Sport Classic / Ducati Multi.
    I just buy the Dirt Tricks.
  5. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    nope, aluminum sprockets will usually last a bit more than the lifetime of a good chain; and since you should change all sprockets when installing a new chain it's no problem.

...slightly less rock and impact resistant. Mud can wear them too- but even in western oregon- it's not a problem. Most bikes come stock with aluminum sprockets in the rear. I like 'em because I feel they're slightly more forgiving to the chain.

A bad chain will ruin a new aluminum sprocket fast though.
    2thdrinOR likes this.