Speedo For 2014 TE449

Discussion in 'Super Moto' started by ChiefBigCope, Nov 4, 2014.

1. ChiefBigCope Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2008 R6
    Question from a future motarder,

Once I put on the sumo tires my speedometer and odometer will be off since the smaller rims and tires. Question is, is there a way to change the factory settings to get the correct numbers or am I better off setting up a completely new display? The bike would probably stay in sumo form for 90% of the time but there are some trails that I don't mind riding round here but wouldn't necessarily need it to be that accurate because I would trailer it to the trails while it's got the dirt setup.

Wondering what other people have done
    Thanks,
    CBC
  2. Caiman Senior Vice Procrastinator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SWM SM500R
    I think you can change from kph to mph easily but once the wheel diameter is set it's set. Might be the other way round though.
  3. Jacob Redding Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE250
    I have just converted my te250 over to sm and I was asking myself all the same questions.

From what i can gather online the stock speedo cannot be reset.

At the moment i'm running the stock disc with the magnet pickup so i can utilise the stock speedo until my caliper relocation bracket comes for my 320mm disc. I tapped my iphone to the bike and check the speed with a GPS speedometer app and it was reading 5kph faster.

The only real solution is buying a new computer like a Trail Tech Vapor. It comes with a new speedo pickup and you can program 2 different sized wheels for an accurate speed reading. You can also pre set your current odometer reading from the old speedo.
  4. ChiefBigCope Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2008 R6
    Awesome, I think I will probably just buy a new computer than... they don't look quite as good as stock but there really isn't a way around it.
    Thanks!
  5. Super5onic88 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    RGV 250
    Pretty sure there is a way to change wheel size on the Stock Speedo.
    I'll try have a look for you tomorrow.
  6. huskylove Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 cr125 in progress
    nope as per the service manual on first power up you have to set it for smr or te specs. Then that is it.

I am looking to do the same but am terrified what ktm will charge for that speedometer.
  7. Super5onic88 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    RGV 250
    Surely they can flash the ecm at a dealer
  8. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE 501 with lots of goodies.
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G450X, 15'FE501, 23 KTM 1290 SAR
    Look up "Healtech SpeedoHealer" for SM wheel swaps and any change in wheel diameter to correct the speedometer. They have many applications, with some great additional features as well, some models cross over from other models and work on a few bikes. Cost is $120.00 or less. These will correct the stock inaccuracies as well.

For instance the Speedohealer part # SHV4+SH-DO1 that will work for the BMW G450X chassis that I have, is also the part # specific for one of the Ducati models also.
  9. La Flama Blanca Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Husqvarna TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2005 kawasaki kx250f
    Can always buy an 'SMR' dash that comes registered for 17" rims. Halls Husky quoted right around $200 I believe.