1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Speedo cable continuity

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by shawbagga, Dec 22, 2016.

1. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    How do u check it?

Got sparky at work to repair pick up cable that was broken(both wires) n intermittently makin contact givin me odd speed readings. Wasn't sure which wire was which after plug had cum off. Does it matter? He soldered up n heat shrinked etc makin all look pretty but wen I hooked it up the other day no dice! If incorrect orientation(had 50% chance ôf failure/success) would it not work at all?

Unit itself(trailtech endurance 2) gettin power n was workin fine(110 hours/4000km or so) n would work ok wen I worked out was a break in cable n squeezed it with hand while riding.
    AUSKY likes this.
  2. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Just reachin...but maybe the solder changed the resistance of the line causing the pulses to become unreadable?
  3. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    Are you wanting a used speedo sensor/cable? Pretty much all of the stock speedo units quit working in the first 6 months so there's got to be a bunch of them that people took off and put on the shelf.
    juicypips likes this.
  4. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Didn't wanna buy a newy if didn't hav too Doug. Still got unused speedo itself in box in garage. Jus wanted to check the cable to see if it's rooted. I thought u could put a multimeter on each end n it gave a certain resistance(clearly I am no auto sparky!)
  5. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Possible? Any auto sparkies or normal sparkies who could vouch for this?
  6. Oldscool Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    RM125, SWM RS500R & Superdual
    Shawry I just checked my trailtech cable (never fitted to the bike) and best I can tell it's open circuit with no magnet contact and closed circuit with magnet contact. It was a bit fiddley to get the probes onto the connector pins in the plug but I'm sure the probes were correctly positioned.
  7. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    Most of the time inductive circuits like that have about 130 ohms, if they are open they are bad. I use the ohm meter and spin the wheel and the ohm meter should fluctuate positive and negative as the magnet passes the sensor. I wouldn't assume the sensor is bad if the resistance isn't around 130 ohms until you get the spec from the manual.
  8. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Might email trailtech direct n c wat best way to check is. Wanna sell me ya spare cable if mines no good Oldscool?

Rode with a fella that ditched his speedo(ktm) altogether n jus uses a little GPS on the bars. I'm not fussed bout actual/average/Max speed, or ride/accumulated hours more jus the total km to monitor fuel consumption. Mite look into his set up(bout twice size of watch face)
  9. Oldscool Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    RM125, SWM RS500R & Superdual
    Of course mate, you know how to contact me if ya want it, even if it's just to try as a test.
    shawbagga likes this.