SpeedBleeder sizes

Discussion in '610/630' started by NothingClever, Apr 7, 2009.

1. OK, I'm lazy.....rather than pull my nipples out (that sounded, uhhh, kinky painful) and measure them with calipers, I thought I'd slovenly post here to see if anybody will take pity on me and throw me a bone :D .

Also, does anybody know of an alternative to the SpeedBleeder product? Not the MityVac but another brand of check valve bleeder valve?

TIA
  2. Joliet Husqvarna
    AA Class

I am guessing you are talking about your brakes here? What bike, what year?
  3. Yeah, brakes are the topic du jour while I'm waiting on brown-suited Santa in the box sled to bring me a whole mess of parts.

Bike is a 610 and it's an '06 blue and yellow, carburetted gem manufactured at the Augusta plant prior to it being mistakenly sold to the propellerheads up north.

I found the other resource.....Ear'ls Solo-Bleed Bleeder Screws

However, I still haven't gotten out to the garage to pull a nipple off and measure it.....I was busy tonight shopping for MORE (:eek:) baby furniture.
  4. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Just to be clear, you are talking about the 6mm threaded bleeder for the brakes, right? At least i think its 6mm. Not positive, but almost positive.

Not the bleeder for the clutch-although its probably the same size.

Not the bleeders on the 45 mm forks on your bike? If those, then the bleeders are the same size as the KTM's--Kelly "motosportz" sells them.
  5. Yep, brakes. Here's a picture of the Earl's Solo-Bleeders which seem to be an improvement over the SpeedBleeders.

[IMG]
  6. Owen J Husqvarna
    AA Class

Sorry to hijack but aren't all 610's still made at the MV Agusta plant in Varese? Mine is one of the early blue and Yellow one's too and I assumed they were all made there.....
  7. Yeah, they're all made there....that was just a lame attempt to make a pithy jab at the growing legion of red and white riders who are now under the influence of BMW (who purchased the works in 2007) and Euro-spec'd fuel injection which, how should I say, SUCKS :D .