Spanish Trials Bikes

Discussion in 'Non-Husqvarna Motorcycles' started by SnoDrtRider, Nov 20, 2017.

1. SnoDrtRider Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1980 WR 390
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 BMW F 800 GS,1974 Yamaha TY 250
    OK so I have a soft spot for Spanish trials bikes...
    A few years ago I was looking for a Bultaco Alpina...

I know not a full fledged trials bike but a Hybrid between a trials bike and a trail/woods/enduro bike.

I went to see a guy who had one and he also had a Sherpa... I was torn between the two and ended up with a 1980 Montesa Cota 200 (Don't ask)
    I had the little Cota for a couple years and really liked it because I could have a blast with it in such a small space.
    A guy saw the bike and since his son had a white Cota 50 he just had to have it so they matched. He made me an offer I couldn't refuse but I did... He made me another offer and I foolishly parted with the bike. I have regretted that for several years now.

I bought a 1974 Yamaha TY250 a year of so ago hoping that would fill the void... That was right before I found the 1980 WR 390 that I just restored. The TY took a back burner while I worked on the WR. Now that the WR is done I began looking at the TY again...

Not doing it for me... I decided it needed to go down the road and I sold it last week for what I paid... No loss.

Today I took a ride to Lancaster Pa and picked up another Cota!

This bike is 100% ready to ride (something I seldom do) and I am happy to have a 100% (except for the Harley) Euro Garage again!

The old Cota... Cota 200.JPG

And the new!

IMG_20171120_141541.jpg
  2. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Saw a couple of GasGas bikes this weekend at the Endurocross finals. I have been seeing lots of trials riding going on lately. If I had the money, room in the garage, and more property to play on, it would be a no brainer.
  3. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Yep. I did a little balancing on the 125 they had on display. I could definitely go for one of those, if I had the money. I had a 280 a while back, but kickstarting it was hard on my lousy knee. A 125 would probably be just the ticket for me.
  4. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    I sold my 99 Beta 250 a while back. Riding trials helped me with line choices while riding especially in single track, I now see lines that weren't there before. I could only ride a trials bike for so long (until I ran out of patience) and would ride it back to the house and swap for a go fast bike. I feel the same way about Italian bikes as you do Spanish bikes, my next bike is likely going to be a TM. I attempt trials stuff on my woods bike now and that's enough for me... somehow there doesn't seem to be enough time to ride all different kinds of bikes.
  5. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    That's why I figure I'll wait until I've got some property to play on. Seems like a great back yard toy.