1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

Source for '83 - '88 Parts

Discussion in 'Vintage Restoration Projects' started by Spinpatch, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Spinpatch Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1980 125CR
    Does anyone have a recommendation for '83 - '88 Husky parts here in the US?
    I've used Husqvarna-Parts in Arizona, but I don't know if they are still in business(?)
    Thanks!
  2. Eric The Leg Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1986 WR400, 1985 WRX400, 1979 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    83 Kawasaki KZ 440
    If you look through the forums, there is a thread for that, but it is getting dated at this point.

HVA-Factor, not US, but does a good job of getting things here pretty quickly.
    Halls Cycles in Springfield is a Harley Dealer, but with a lot of Husky stock. Their inventory doesn't come up on google searches, so you have to seek out their site specifically. And to be honest, I'd look for a couple of things by part numbers, initiate a request, then mention the rest that you need when e-mailing their parts guy, as sometimes their inventory and their site don't 100% match.
    Husqvarnaoutlet, the guy there does get a little backed up from time to time, but he's got an awful lot of stuff.
    As you noted, Husqvarna-Parts seems to be doing business some days, but not others. Check back from time to time and you'll see him accepting orders at some point.
    You can try up-tite, that's in California and the original source of "HP" parts. You have to call George Erl directly. I ordered a pipe from him 2 years ago and he never called me back, though he doesn't keep those on stock, he may have stock of other parts and your experience may differ.
    In other words, it seems like many of the US suppliers do this as a side-job or on a semi-retired basis. If you want quick service, in my book, you probably have to go to HVA-Factory (UK), or Halls (US).
    You can also try Husky Junk (250-oriented, focus is a little older than the 'Evo' bikes, but might find something in the '83-'84 range).
    Huskyjunk, Penton, DC Plastic, Vintage Husky (again Vintage Husky focuses on the older end of the range, but might be good for '83 or '84).

I'm not including direct links, Most of these should come up pretty directly if you just use Google.
    2premo likes this.
  3. GaryM Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1981 430cr second 430 CR 500cr
    Other Motorcycles:
    1981 490 Maico
    What parts are looking for is the question ?
    2premo likes this.
  4. suprize Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 400, bike in a box Moto Villa 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300
    ive had a good result from Phil at Husqvarnaparts.com, had pretty much all I need
  5. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
  6. Spinpatch Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1980 125CR
    Thanks all very much for your informative replies.
    I'm looking for the upper and lower fork bushings (1512-414-01 and 1512-418-01) and valves (1512-452-01) for the late 80's model 40mm forks.
    Also, it appears that one of the damper rods had been modified by welding-up one of the compression holes, and drilling two smaller holes farther up the rod. They had also drilled holes in the "valve support" and "valve housing". Did they do this to mimic some later design from the factory, or were they following some modification instruction given on a service bulletin?
    Thanks again for your help!
  7. Eric The Leg Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1986 WR400, 1985 WRX400, 1979 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    83 Kawasaki KZ 440
    eBay is OK, just a lot of stuff there that isn't what they say it is. During the "Dark Ages" of Swedish Husqvarna there were not many parts sources and a lot of bikes got frankenstein-ed. So now that "1986 CR 250" that gets parted out by Joe Schmoe bike parter might have 3 or 4 different years of parts, and even something non-husky. Keep that in mind when using eBay.
  8. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    I said that before about sleezebay we mush know what the parts look exactly like. I seen a 420 cylinder called a 250. I counted 9 fins and figured it's a 390. When she arrived the bore was bigger. For $29 I did good. I seen a complete engine called a m&p 250. It was a six speed tranny we know the m&p 250 is an auto. The pic looking in the exhaust port told me it's a 430. Bought it too. A complete 439 with ignition. Most of the sellers don't know exactly what they have.
    Eric The Leg likes this.
  9. 2premo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    98 WR360, 1987 WR430, 1988 XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco 300, 2002 KTM 380EXC

I have a set of late 80's forks I would part with
    PM me if interested