Someone educate me on carb please

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by Blackbeard, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Blackbeard Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te450
    I have a 05 450 te with the fcr, last night I pulled it off to adjust the float height and install my fuel screw. Bike fires right up. Gets 50mpg and runs great but from what I'm seeing it seems like I have big jets in it? Currently I have a 180 main 45 pilot, and what is the third jet behind the main? Mine was either a 8.5 or 85
  2. Up-tite Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Called a Start Jet, when choke is pulled this is where the fuel comes from, we call it a choke but it is not really it's an enriching circuit.
    Later George
    Blackbeard and robertaccio like this.
  3. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
  4. Blackbeard Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te450
    So George would you say my jetting specs are pretty good? I'm in so cal and bike runs great. I just wasn't sure if the 40 pilot sounded a bit lean. But I get great mileage and smooth power so I wanted to leave it as is. Whoever owned this bike previous was a huge fan of yours as it has probably most products you ever made on it. Axle bolt, exhaust guards ect
  5. Up-tite Husqvarna
    Pro Class

6. Blackbeard Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te450
    Was there supposed to be text? I see your quote but no response! Lol
  7. Up-tite Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Jetting sounds fine 45 to 50 on the pilot, main is good.
    It it runs good just run it.
    Later George
  8. Blackbeard Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te450
    Thank you, it has a very slight pop on deceleration but only sometimes and when it does it's very slight. The fuel screw was 1.5 out maybe I'll try 2 out to RI JEN it up