Some Motosportz / Lectron updates...

Discussion in 'Motosportz' started by Motosportz, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Motosportz and Lectron are continuously working together to offer the best carb product we can. this has been a great relationship and Lectron is quick to address things as per my input which is invaluable. These Motosportz spec'ed Lectrons are far from off the shelf items from what we have learned over the last year.

New additions:

- Viton gaskets on the clear fuel bowl to eliminate seeping and water inlet due to power washing.
    - Allen key included for taking the top off

Passed additions:

- 125-165 specific tuned MS3 rod
    - Vent lines relocated for less interference with pipe etc
    - Longer vent hoses for proper routing
    - Modified settings for different models based on our in house testing and customer input
    - Remachined and billet flanges for a perfect fit (this is a lot of work and a big deal for fitment)
    - 4 stroke research and evolving product for that application.
    - Factory settings as per input making them very close as delivered (we do error on the rich side for the most part)
    - Longer model specific throttle cables available
    - Remote choke options for carbs that are hard to get to

We are constantly working on other applications for many bikes. Right now we have KTM, husky, GG, Asian bikes and many others covered well. I will personally be working on Vintage bike applications here very shortly and think very good things will come of that.

We are currently working on some videos and info on installing, setup and use of Lectron carbs. Hope to have something semi soon to help our customers better understand the product and what it brings to the table.

Just a heads up and FYI. If you are looking into alternative carburetion please consider these Motorsports specified carburetors as we believe all our testing and customer feedback is resulting in a fine carburetor for any motorcycle.

Thank you
    Kelly
    Motosportz
    MikeB, Xcuvator, 454x and 2 others like this.
  2. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165 w/36mm lectron.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 BETA 300RR w/36mm lectron.
    I'll you know how it fits in the Beta after Kevin shortens mine.
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

Or if you want to just measure up the stock carb then it will fit perfect. Thanks.

Kelly
    ole farmer and dukepilot like this.
  4. kzoo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 295
    I just got my Lectron back from getting it shortened up, new rod, and whatever other magic they do. I swapped it out with my 38mm PWK this a.m. It fits nice! It was pretty rich off idle so I leaned the rod 1/2 turn. It's a night and day difference between the lectron and PWK... I know more about women then I do carbs (which isn't saying much) but the fact that *I* could make this type of improvement this quick is amazing.... Plus the guys at Lectron are SUPER easy to talk with...

Edit: I meant rich then leaned 1/2 turn on rod...
    Motosportz likes this.
  5. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    So is there any type of premix/mixture adjustments needed for a Lectron swap on say a WR300?
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

Not sure what you mean. EZ to set up for that bike.
  7. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    I guess I mean does the premix mixture need to change from 40:1 to? Or is all that relative? Last 2T I owned was back in 84 (DT175) and it was oil injected so no premix. I'm looking to pick up a 2T for a winter project bike and to run some of the tighter Enduro events we have local. Last thing I want to do is install a new carb and seize the bike up because I'm a knucklehead and don't know what I'm doing:o
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    you can run any oil with the Lectron. Just like with any carb. I like 40:1, no less (oil)
  9. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    I sent you a PM Kelly. Thanks
    Motosportz likes this.
  10. joonaa Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 2008
    Can you tell me more about Lectron? How does it work? How it is possible to work without main jet or what?

Honestly i didn't understood it from Lectron website. :confused:

What is Lectron pros/CONS?
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    The Lectron uses a metering rod (kinda like a needle in a carb) to meter fuel from bottom to top. They add an adjustable powerjet to adjust the top independently. The rod is bigger and has a flat side to it causing vacuum and drawing fuel from the bowl and meters and delivers fuel from idle to top. This means to sloppy crossover of circuits, better atomization (which is part of why the get better MPG), smoother response and self adjusts to temps and elevation better.