Some good Ryan Villopoto contemplation.....

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by MotoMarc36, Aug 19, 2014.

1. MotoMarc36 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR144, 04 TC450, 04 TC250, CR50
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many. Too many.
  2. Darkside Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none left
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta, ktm, aprilia
    I would love to see Villapoto take on Cairoli!
    We need more Americans on the world stage. In moto GP too!
  3. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    millionaire/set for life/married/likes to hunt and fish/ in good health/top of his game/
    VS
    Stay in the race game-circus/ set more records/win an MXGP championship/take big risks/get seriously injured/permanantly injured/ continue to dominate the track like a boss/ start to slip down the slope/ give way to the up and comers/retire not at the top.

be like Hannah or Larry Ward completely get away from the moto circus
    VS
    be like Windham, RC or Langston and stick around as a commentator
    PS Kevin and Grant are great color commentators, Grant gets my vote as the best.

lots to contemplate/discuss/create rumors etc etc
    TemecuCoastie and MotoMarc36 like this.
  4. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    Grant, besides having a great last name, is pretty edgy in his descriptions.

9 times out of 10 it will be money, so I don't see Europe matching the $$$$ of Supercross and AMA Motocross.
    TemecuCoastie likes this.
  5. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    I would love to see him take on the GP's. He doesn't seem like the type to really care about the record books. But, I am sure he likes knowing that he can beat the best out there. He has beaten the best here, so why not try to beat the best over there?

As for Langston the announcer. He is literally a good announcer. And when I say that what I mean is that he is good at his job. Trust me, he literally does his job well. What I mean by that is that his job literally gets done in a good fashion. Trust me.
    MotoMarc36 and robertaccio like this.
  6. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    thats a good one Colo moto trust me that was literaly right on the money!!!
    MotoMarc36 and Colo moto like this.
  7. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    I'm glad someone else hears the grantisms.
  8. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    He should break records here and do MXON to prove he's the best in the world ;)
    MotoMarc36 and Motosportz like this.
  9. TemecuCoastie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FC250 and 2012 TC250
    Agree 100% RE: Grant - the Dude is boss. Brings great energy to the show. Even has a killer store up off of Ethenac and the 215 in Perris, CA - they give military discounts, BTW.

As for RV, He might be quite the novelty in FIM. And, true, it would be bitchen to see he and Cairoli go bar to bar each weekend. But, at what cost (physically, financially or other)? The FIM racers are often racing in front of fans disquised as empty seats (Qatar & Thailand) and racing in markets that, well, aren't markets at all (Guadalajara, Leon, Thailand and Qatar).

He's at the top now and is the new GOAT. I'm w/MotoMarc on tis. I think he's back in January and going for 5.
  10. MotoMarc36 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR144, 04 TC450, 04 TC250, CR50
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many. Too many.
    Well, I'm shocked! This sure reads like it is a done deal.....

And Davey Coombs usually has his facts straight before he puts them in print.

http://racerxonline.com/2014/08/29/racerhead-35

"
    But I want to start with a salute to Ken Roczen, the former world champ who bet his career on coming to America to compete for the prime years of his career and has proven wildly competitive in all aspects of racing. He is switching teams and brands here soon, but he gave Red Bull KTM a solid send-off with this championship. He’s also placed well going into Monster Energy Supercross in 2015, where he will likely take over for the likely-departing-for-Europe champion Ryan Villopoto. We’ve been talking about this for most of summer, but in listening to Eric Johnson’s interview with RV’s former teammate, close friend, and now future teammate Tyla Rattray, RV will become the top export to leave the States since, well, maybe forever. Or at least 1989, when six-time AMA Motocross Champion Broc Glover decided to spend his last season in Europe on a KTM after a dozen years on Yamaha."

"Villopoto does nothing half-assed, so I expect him to go there and give it all he has to take down the legendary Tony Cairoli on the MXGP circuit. Our loss is the gain of Grand Prix fans, and there will certainly be more fans in the U.S. interested in seeing how an eight-time AMA champ like Villopoto does against Cairoli, Clement Desalle, Jeremy Van Horebeek, Gautier Paulin, and the rest of the guys. For a preview of their talent and speed, watch next weekend’s Brazilian GP and then the Grand Prix of Mexico on September 14. As a fan of GP motocross since my dad told me that both Brad Lackey and Jim Pomeroy were moving to Europe in 1973 to try for world titles, I can’t wait to see how this all turns out. In the meantime, I’m sure the vacated #1 plate in supercross here will inspire a war between Roczen, Ryan Dungey, the red-hot Trey Canard, a healthy Eli Tomac, the returning-to-action Davi Millsaps and Justin Barcia, the moving-on-up Jason Anderson, Dean Wilson and Cole Seely, veterans like BTOSports.com KTM’s Andrew Short and Josh Grant, Justin Brayton, Jake Weimer, and many, many more, and of course the man I will never, ever count out again until he tells me it’s time, Chad Reed. RV is leaving an opening for a new champion, beginning in January at Anaheim, and it should be a fantastic winter and another great summer outdoors."
  11. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Well I hope he enjoys it...that punk better to MXoN for us next year lol
  12. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    Likely departing..

Going the other way there is risk but plenty of reward for guys like Roczen. I would guess he made more $$ than Cairoli this year.
  13. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    he pitched at the san diego padres game the other night.......ok he threw the first ball.
    ray_ray likes this.
  14. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    at this point he can afford to race gps the cost for riders and teams is stupid and the gate numbers suck due to the suck all the cash biz practices of the mxgp bosses. Its still a wonderful series on amazing mx tracks but its a bitch for racers.
    BILLF likes this.