So what is your dream?

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by BlueHusky144, Dec 20, 2008.

1. BlueHusky144 Husqvarna
    AA Class

In response to flyinbob's post about Scot Harden's interview.

"I had to smile a bit when I read the AMA article on the Inductees of the Motorcycle Hall of Fame in the January 2009 issue. Mr. Harden's last sentence regarding living your motorcycle dreams is spot on." "Not just Dakar but any two-wheeled dream you have. Track it down, chase it down and do it."

So my question to all of you is... "What is your dream?" Related to motorcycles of course.
  2. BlueHusky144 Husqvarna
    AA Class

My Dream

So I will start it off. My dream is to someday ride in the ISDE. I was a support member at the 2005 ISDE in Slovakia for club riders Daniel Janus and Jay Hall. It was the time of my life and I never even stepped foot on a motorcycle.

I want to hear your story.
  3. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Ive got unfinished business in the worlds biggest sand box.

Gotta make it to Dakar on a Husky. :thumbsup:
  4. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    My ultimate dream would be to ride part of the Baja 1000 race. But I'm too old and slow to do that realistically....so my dream that I could attain realistically would be to ride part or all of the Trans American Trail some day.:thumbsup:
  5. 5valves Husqvarna
    AA Class

TAT. we are maken plans now. :cheers:
  6. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Well, if were talking dreams here, I'd really like to win the Assen GP on a 500cc 2-stroke...you know, a real GP bike...and I don't mean the Big Bang motor, either.

Then, after that I'd like to overall the Romaniacs or maybe even Erzburg. I wouldn't mind winning a gold medal at the ISDE, but that's totally unrealistic as I don't like changing my own tires:)

Ok, but realistically I'm just waiting for Husky to sponsor a women's team in Class 40 at Baja so I can go down there and win myself a big ol' trophy.

Nothin' better than winning:thumbsup:

WoodsChick
  7. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    I like that! Sounds like a good time. Maybe do the Baja afterwords? Is there a time limit for Baja?
  8. HuskyT Moderator

Revive the Blackwater 100 just to be able to race in it one time

T
  9. Nick Mac. Husqvarna
    B Class

Two wheel dreaming.....

Ok. Over here in Oz we have a ride from Cairns to the the Top of the OZ. It isnt any great race or anything, but hey, this IS australia, the ride to the Top is onwe many come here to do, for the scenery and of course the sheer fun of the ride. I'm from Cairns and have gotten to Cooktown and up to Alma den, Coen etc, but never the top. :notworthy: one day, it's WHY I bought my 610. Slowly slowly....
  10. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Go back to a place in time when I was young enough to not hurt for 3 days after riding! Of course I'd have to be able to transport the TE with me!
  11. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Well....in that case, I'd like to be in the support crew, since if I rode I'd slow down your team and then your chance of winning a big ol' troohy would be pretty slim.:D
  12. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GGEC 250 Honda RC51 CBR 1000rr CR125
    Well...seeing as the weather up here(-27C and huge snowfall) has put the kiebosh on the riding scenario....this has even bigger implications as there is so much accumulation of white stuff that the local MX track is three feet under!!!... Normally they open the track least a few weekends a month throughout the year..so you never really put your machines away...last year I rode every month.....!!! Not happening this year...

My dream is realistic though.....Kanab,Utah...red desert soil...75F would be nice...at 42F I would still be smiling..endless trails and rocky climbs,warm sand....dried out river beds and cacti

Page,Arizona....maybe a close second

Woodschick..I second you on a 500GP bike at Assen..make mine a Cagiva V593

I am dreaming of coral pink sand dunes state park.........zzzzzzzzzzzz

[IMG]
  13. Flying Trash Can Sustaining Member

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW R1100R
    My dream is to develop enough of a customer base and supporting personnel, thus allowing me to take every summer off and go riding around the world. I could do New Zealand the first summer, then Japan, the Alps, Isle of Man, Alaska (again), Peru, S. Africa, and so on. My dream would also include, being able to do this for many many many years.

As far as motorbike dreams are concerned, this is my favorite. There are others but they don't compare, and who knows, a couple of 5-10 years of hard work and I may actually see this dream come to fruition.

:thinking:
  14. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    :lol: I guess it was pretty hard to see that my tongue was firmly planted in my cheek when I wrote, "Ok, but realistically..."
    about getting on a Husky-sponsored team and winning Baja:p
    Yeah, I'd love to do it someday, and I'd be more than happy to have you as a teammate! The only one slowing me down these days is myself:)

Hmm...:thinking:...Team CafeHusky...do you think we'd be able to find someone to pit for us?

WoodsChick
  15. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:

That sounds like a totally bitchin' dream! And I must say, you certainly have a much more realistic chance of attaining your dreams than I do, that's for sure:lol:

WoodsChick
  16. North Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te610
    Other Motorcycles:
    530 ktm 1200GS
    My dream is for all the world to live in Peace.:eek:

But, since that's not going to happen.:banghead:

A week in Baja would be really nice.:thumbsup: And there's the South America ride I dream about too. :banana: But the world peace thing, kind of ties into me doing that ride.:D
  17. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I'd sit around & drink coffee waiting for you, no problem :thumbsup:
  18. CKPC Husqvarna
    AA Class

One word, "LOTTO"!!
    Then making the dreams happen will start!!! hahahaha
  19. rajobigguy Administrator

Well I have this one recurring dream where I am standing on a mountain top dressed in sun god robes and there are thousands of scantily clad women throwing pickles at my feet.:D

OK I guess that isn't what you were looking for so how about this.

1. Baja 1000 route (just to ride not to race)

2. Mexico to Canada

3. T.A.T.
  20. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    .....my dream?.....goes something like this:

To go riding with, then marry, 'Piper Cole'.

I fell in love with her instantly, as some of those secnes fit my ultimate dream to a "T"......a hot tomboy w/ 'tude in a tank-top that rips!

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm126851328/tt0403016

You asked.