So Cal Track Ride - Cahuilla Creek MX facility 30 OCT 2011

Discussion in 'West - USA' started by robertaccio, Oct 6, 2011.

1. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    no-go for the Oregon NW gig, too difficult for logistics and costs from Socal.

So that said, going to Cahuilla MX on 30 OCT 2011, kids (should be plenty among us) on minis for the pee wee track (very nice layout with rolling hills). Big guys/gals on the Vet and Main tracks. Will meet at the top of the hill next to the pee wee track, this also gives direct access to the vet and main tracks. Arrival time gate opens at 0900. (bikes with me, TXC450,RM125,TTR125)
    http://www.cahuillacreekmotocross.com/index.html

attendees so far, HuskyT's crew, robertaccio's crew

vet track h cam, its a little different now but lots of these corners are the same.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWeq7lUKo_8&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL725CCB7154825D90
  2. HuskyT Moderator

Ill be there ..... with about five guys and my peewee rider Logan on his KX 65

So far looking like my TC450, a TC250 , a handfull of CRF 450's and Logan's KX65....maybe two other little ones on CRF 50's ...

I prefer the main myself ...... this isn't me but is one of the best vids i have seen of the Cahuilla MX main... superfast 4th and 5th gear track... best part is at the end when the music fades away... lots of uphill downhill but the video flattens it all out.... ... note that this is the current track configuration in the video... great natural terrain jumps in amazing sandy loam...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgKlSxnerrw&feature=related

Would love to see more Husqvarna's at the SoCal tracks....

T
    lankydoug likes this.
  3. HuskyT Moderator

Add one really fast dude on a YZ250 smoker.....
  4. kk273 Husqvarna
    C Class

Is this for a regular open practice day?

Any membership fee required like at Pala/Perris?

Thanks, maybe can get up there for some fun. :)
  5. HuskyT Moderator

KK ... this is a fun day... open practice... just a bunch of good guys and kids riding...Main MX, Vet MX and 65 PeeWee Track....

No membership fee required.

Would love to see another Husky Brother at the track....

T
  6. HuskyT Moderator

+ one more KX250 Smoker....

T
  7. kk273 Husqvarna
    C Class

cool, i will put it on the calendar and see if'en it'll work out to get up there.

Would enjoy meeting some of you guys, and have only been to Cahuilla once many many years ago. I hear my TC510 would like it there. ;)
  8. HuskyT Moderator

:thinking: Don't be suprised if your TC510 disappears for a hot lap or two.....:)

You will definitely like the improvements !

Look forward to meeting you and your crew!!!

T
  9. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
  10. HuskyT Moderator

Ok Guys.... I moved Robertaccio's thread over here for all of the SoCal guys that want to venture out to Cahuilla Creek MX on Sunday OCT 30 for an "Open Practice" day at CCMX.....

For those of you not doing the PNW ride the same weekend and wanting to do something local , come and ride the very fun Vet Track, the amazing Main MX and bring the kids to ride a very nicely groomed PeeWee /65 track. Even if you not riding the tracks , the trip out through the hills to Anza and back thru Wine Country Temecula would be a great DS ride.

We will be parking at the very top of the hill at the entrance to the PeeWee track to make it easy and safe for any kids that are riding. Track open at 9:00 a.m.

http://www.cahuillacreekmotocross.com/index.html

Hope to see a whole lotta SoCal Husky's !

Post up here if you can make it....

T
  11. kk273 Husqvarna
    C Class

Q: Is the vet course dirt-bike newb safe? My step-son might have work off, and he has some light dirt experience at old LEMP mini track from a few years back, but would be new to big bike and full track. He is 19 and 6'3" now, so no more minis and mini-tracks... :p

I am highly probable at this time to get there. :)

----
    edit to add: we probably won't let David ride, as his voleyball season starts soon and he has a short history of crashing :eek:

Still interested to know answer re: newb friendly, but we can see for ourselves next Sunday, thanks. :)
  12. HuskyT Moderator

Sorry Kenny... just saw this : to answer your question the Vet Track is very Newb Friendly.... All nice rolling terrain, natural terrain and hillside... all the jumps on the vet track can easily be rolled or jumped and made into lots of fun. I have taken several riders there that have not been on thier bikes in years and/or beginners and they had a blast.

The MX Main is a whole different story... loads of fun.. you ride GH and Milestone... you'll love it...

Cash only $20 per rider... spectator is free I'm pretty sure... No snack bar ... bring your gatorade and whatever fuel you need to keep the body going for a fun day !

Track officialy opens for riding at nine... they usually start letting you in around 8 the last few time I have been there...

T
  13. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
  14. HuskyT Moderator

Ok

Here is the confirmed list that i have for the Sunday Ride @ Cahuilla Creek MX!

Robertaccio TXC 450
    + entire Euro A.M. Crew and Familia

+ Tim TC450
    Jeremy CRF 450
    Scott CRF 450
    Dave CRF 450
    Steve YZ250 Smoker
    Logan KX 65 Smoker
    Garrett CRF 50
    Seth CRF 50

+ KK273 TC510

Should be a good turn out.... at least three Husky's We'll have the podium covered.... Watch KK273 show us all up

Forecast for Sunday is Clear Sunny skys 75 degrees.... it really sucks to live in California

Com'on out for a fun track ride Guys and Gals

T
  15. kk273 Husqvarna
    C Class

:lol: Husky riders with a sense of humor! I like.

(was ok on dirt when much younger, am now an old man riding easy and cannot show any1 up) :oldman:

A fiend of mine, err that's friend Stu, is highly probable to show with a KX450. Though he doesn't like to get up early on Sundays and might not make it until 1000-1030hrs. Might have 1 or 2 more show up, some guys I know from roadracing and my few outings at Milestone. Dunno for sure. They ride orange and red bikes. :excuseme:

I probably can't get there until 0930 or so, will look for whatever this hill is you guys are parked upon. Will be in old silver S10 p/u with the TC aboard.

Looking forward to riding FUN and seeing some real Husky riders! :D
  16. HuskyT Moderator

You have to watch out for Steve on the YZ250 smoker.... he is like a fast stealth bomber....still living the glory days of riding every day of the week at Saddleback and Carlsbad...and racing there on Sundays!!

T