Snapshots Of The New 501 05/20/18

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Dirtdame, May 21, 2018.

1. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Broke the new bike in on Saturday with a 100 mile ride. Too much pavement for my taste though. So after doing an oil change that evening, I prepared for a more dirt intensive ride at Big bear on Sunday. Beautiful weather and empty trails greeted me and the machine. I did a nice loop, got really tired, decided the tires need to be replaced before I ride the bike again. Also will be needing some lighter suspension springs and some cushier grips. Everything else seems pretty awesome.
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    bigjon, Johnrg, NCSteve and 4 others like this.
  2. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Those tires have a high pucker factor rating in the dirt. I bet they are great on pavement though.
  3. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    They worked great on some of my favorite sport bike twisties on Saturday afternoon. Unfortunately, they are horrible in the dirt. I run the IRC Battle Rally tires on my TE 450. They look almost identical to the Continentals, but perform nothing like them. Husqvarna would have done well to use the IRCs for OEM instead of the Contis.
  4. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Wow, you dont muck around DD. The bike looks fabulous. I iuse the new Metzler 360 mid hard and or the Michelin starcross 5 mid hards. Both really great all rounders and reasonable longevity.

Good luck with the new weapon and safe riding.