Snapshots From Today 11/04/18

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Dirtdame, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    No apple picking today. Just riding around by myself in the autumn weather in the mountains.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Looks like the terrain was changing from treeless, rocky hills in the first pics to some area where you were in big pine and fur trees...
  3. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I started off in the trees, made my way down to the desert and then back up to the trees. It was a loop.;)
    Huskynoobee likes this.
  4. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Good on you DD doing what you love best. Thank you for sharing.
    Dirtdame likes this.
  5. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    I do loops here and loops in loops, this place being so small, but from my riding here, so much, over the ~same areas, looping is another aspect of dirt-bike riding that might be a little over-blown This would be from a pure dirt-bike-riding-very-often-perspective.. Doing the same ride in the opposite direction, reverses ~everything. Uphills become downhills, lefts become rights, entry points into turns ~all change, even the views are totally different, if you are observing the scenery.

Another point I like in regards to riding an area in the opposite way is that you might can see the line you just caved an hour or so ago; You can see you were over there on the 1st pass but now over here feels much better; You might have to be born-to-ride-in-the-dirt to get this view but some of us might have that.

The uphills and downhills are very different. I'll roll down into a valley, just looking at the lines there, BECAUSE, I know I fixing to rest at the bottom and do a charge back to the top... This also allows to change your lines and not always do the well-beaten, ~fastest line like an AMA or FIM track racer does.

All the stuff you show above, DD, shows ~virgin looking trails with no real roosting.... You layed out the carved lines for others to follow in the near future behind that 501(?) Husky!
    Dirtdame likes this.