Snapshots From The Trail 02/03/18

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Dirtdame, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Literally snapshots from my GoPro videos that I took yesterday....
    With all this warm, dry weather we have been having this winter so far, the mountains have not gotten much snow at all. So a friend of mine who lives in a certain large mountain community invited me up to do a little trail riding on Saturday. Most of the gates to the forest were open, and the weather was sunny with day time highs in the mid 60s. The only gates that were closed, were those that were on routes that received so little direct sunlight, that they never got warm enough to thaw out and had a coating of ice on them. The Forest Service likes to lock those because...let's face it....Southern Californians are not the brightest bulbs on the string when it comes to driving on snow or ice.:rolleyes: So the gates are locked to avoid problems. My friend and I managed to squeeze around the gates so that we could short cut to the trails, and weren't bothered by the ice, because we were on fun trail bikes that like that sort of thing.:D

So I drove up and staged at his house, and off we went...he on his street plated two stroke YZ250, and I on my trusty, if not somewhat dated and heavy TE450. We had a nice day of finding little trails to play on, a few leftover patches of snow and a bit of mud in an otherwise dry environment. Nobody else was out and about, except on some of main trails and then it was just Jeepers heading for the boulder fields.
    Leave it to a mountain local to know where all the fun, scenic stuff is.:thumbsup:
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    gots_a_sol likes this.
  2. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

And then, on the way home, I treated myself to a fancy early supper at one of the mountain restaurants.
    [IMG]
    2premo, gots_a_sol, bigjon and 2 others like this.
  3. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    yummo! fancy is right! mreeeeep!
    Dirtdame likes this.
  4. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Kenneth Webb likes this.
  5. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    oh the riding is all fine n good im more interested in dinner with you afterwards ...giggity goo! wee! mreeep!

yer living the life young lady. good on ya.
    Dirtdame likes this.
  6. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Eats is half the fun. Lots of different kinds of dining up there on the mountain. Everything from sammichs, to Mexican, to fine dining. Just drive off the trails in the middle or at the end of the ride and pick some place to tromp into in all your riding gear.;)
  7. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    yup! got a mex place 1 mile from my track behind the shop....ding-dading-ding-ding up to the porch, hop the rail, coors n tacos on demand. lifes good.
    Dirtdame likes this.
  8. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    My fav Mexican dive.
    [IMG]
    Kenneth Webb, bigjon and pvduke like this.
  9. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    ahh the lil green machine cute aitn riding to the restaurant the best? only prolbem i had after supper was fiding a rock to stand on to kick my '12 3hondo to life with a full tummy all sleepy lol... the harely guys on the patio would laugh and make fun of my "power ranger" outfit....til it lit....BADAAANG-GANG-DAGANG-GANG-GANG super crispy thors hammer baby its alive then they just got quiet as i smoked the tire in 3rd doing stand up donuts on the way out of the lot BAROOOP! lol. now im hungry. wheres trigger its time for tacos!
    PaulD and Dirtdame like this.
  10. bigjon Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1996 WXC410 2000 TE410 2008 TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FJR 1300 Polaris 500
    Thanks for the pics. Looks like a totally awesome adventure
    Dirtdame likes this.