Snapshots From 12/23/18

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Dirtdame, Dec 24, 2018.

1. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    My right foot has finally healed up enough for me to not be afraid of re-injuring it. I took the 300 out a couple of weeks ago and did a technical ride, and the foot held up without any complaints. So I decided to go out on the 501 and explore some intermediate technical stuff with a friend on Sunday. We started out by heading up the backside of the mountain, but there was too much slippery ice there, so we turned back and headed down to the desert. The weather was nippy for the most part, and there weren't too many riders out on the trails. I am really starting to enjoy riding the big bike over more sketchy stuff now and it performed beautifully, especially when compared to my old 450.
    Back in town, skiers, holiday revelers and people just looking for a hillside blanketed in thin icy snow for their sleds and snow saucers were clogging up every eatery on the mountain, even in places that were pretty far off the main drag. Such as it was, I did not get sit down, relax and dine in after my ride, but ended up ordering food to go and then driving over to the airport, which was the only establishment that wasn't drawing a crowd. I got to sit in my car and eat my Mexican food in a relatively empty parking lot, before heading down the mountain for the day. My muscles are really sore today, but I'll probably head out for some dirt somewhere, tomorrow.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    gaz, lankydoug, wrx and 3 others like this.
  2. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    What's with your foot? I must have missed that in the past reports...

--
    Had enough ice riding to finish out my riding career for life and what's so great about the big bike on the sketchy stuff? You 4-stroking that big-bore 4-stroke engine?

--
    Have to add that ordering take-out food and then heading over to a airport parking lot is a new story to hear, at least for me... Must be that 'Urban' way of living? Hope there was no parking fee to be paid on exit...
  3. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Sprained/broke right foot on Memorial day. There was no open seating anywhere in town, so take out was my only option...or wait until I drove back down the mountain, and i was too hungry to wait for that. Airport is the least busy place in town, so lots of open parking, only 4 or 5 cars there, and a trash bin to throw food containers away. Sometimes, I eat breakfast at the cafe inside the airport and leave my vehicle there while I ride my motorcycle out on the trails all day.
  4. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    You one urban-baby, baby to utilize your surrounding like that... We do have an airport here but why drive that 20 miles when you can stop and do whatever, whenever, and however you want to do it and nobody is gonna even notice unless you are a foreigner ;00) And even then you just get a big smile in most cases... The only real heat here is from the sun for us white-boys..

--
    Injuries\sickness keep taking longer and longer to heal for me through the yrs.... I can't handle something hanging with me that long(since Memorial Day) that could keep me off the bike...
  5. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    I am terrible on ice, even wet clay is much better. Glad you got back on the big beastie DD. Always a joy to crack open a big bore.
    Dirtdame likes this.