SMS630 looking for exhaust (aftermarket)

Discussion in '610/630' started by Superbas, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Superbas Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Sm630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Tiger 800, harley 883r
    Since not very popular bike in the netherlands, second hand parts are almost impossible to find. so i am in the market for exhaust.

who has something spare of knows somebody who is selling their exhaust? like the arrow or leovince?

i dont need the ecu because of my PC5

thnx!

gr Bastiaan
  2. Guns N Husqys Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMS 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    YZ250F
    Good luck with that my friend, I've been trying myself to find a used one but nobody seems to sell. A new full system is over $1000 :( Also I've heard that the Arrow ECU improves fueling as well as SPARK advance, where as the PC5 only does fueling. I searched for that ecu but of course the only way to get it is with the dual arrow mufflers $1350 :cry:
  3. EricV Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    The scarcity and the price is a real issue. I was glad to get a second hand FMF and mid-pipe from a fellow CafeHusky member.

If I were in the market, now, I think I'd get a FMF can and then have an exhaust shop fabricate a slightly larger mid-pipe to bridge the headers to the can- basically get some dimensions and just copy the FMF mid-pipe.

Now granted I've not ridden a properly set up TE w/ the Arrows set or the Leo. That said I don't think I'd notice enough difference to have sprung the extra cash on one of those, as opposed to the FMF set-up.

And good to see where you're from. My parents are both from Voorburg- love the Netherlands.
  4. larsvl Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM 630
  5. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Ditto????
  6. HuskyBrutha Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM630
    Other Motorcycles:
    690 R, 500 EXC, XR250

$1350 is a huge chunk of change, but the performance gains, mainly due to the ECU, are worth it in my opinion.

My bikes were quite strong after doing Power Up, JD Tuner and EHS Pre Filter and Iridium spark plugs.
    I then fitted the Arrows Kit (ECU and Cans) first on the SMS and then based on the results thereof, a while later on the TE.
    The performance gains (still enjoyed every day) were more than enough to erase the pain of the purchase price (long forgotten).
    The performance of the Arrows Kit keeps the bike feeling "modern and up to date" and still a blast to ride.
    The Arrows ECU also cleaned up a few fuel injection glitches that still lingered after doing the Power Up mod.
    Guns N Husqys likes this.
  7. Rotax_655 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    ex TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia Pegaso 650 GA
  8. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Barret Pipes in Australia still make them. They are circa 2kg's lighter than stockies and give circa 5HP increase across the board. About to buy some for my SWM630. They are on the net. They can do rebuilds for you and also have replacement end caps etc.