SMS vs TE sidestand? the same?

Discussion in '610/630' started by bushwa, Aug 25, 2014.

1. bushwa Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda Hawk Gt
    I'm in the process of converting my TE to SM. I'm trying to make it easy to switch back and forth between knobbies on the dirt wheels and sport tires on the SM wheels. I have the rotors and gearing figured out, 17's on the bike, and trying to decide what to do with the side stand. I "fixed" my side stand earlier in the year so it didn't go so far forward and the bike stayed a little more upright. (it was threatening to topple over at any second, especially with any gear on the back). Now, with the SM wheels, it's too far upright. I considered get a stand from the SM, but looking at the parts list, it would appear both models use the same stand. Is this true?

My other thought is to remove about 5/8" from the stand and have the foot welded back on. This would work for the SM setup.
    I would then fab a 5/8" aluminium block. Drill and tap the stock foot, and bolt the foot extension to the bottom of the stock foot when I have the TE wheels on.

What have others done?

Thanks.
  2. Sizzler Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    CBR600, SZR660, TLM260. DRZ250
    I use a Cigar Mikes center stand, which is invaluable when swapping between TE and SM mode.
    Otherwise, I am picky where I park it.

On another bike, I have made a screw-on foot for the sidestand that gives more height and less slinking in soft stuff.
  3. bushwa Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda Hawk Gt
    Yea. I figure if i left the stand the way it was it would have been just ok for double duty. I think I might just mod it as mentioned so it's easy to unbolt the pad. At least the angle is better. Center stand eh? I'll have to check that out. Using my floor jack is just plain unstable, and hanging it from the rafters is a pain in the ass. Thanks!
  4. Thumperama Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Husaberg, Ducati, Triumph, Aprilia
    Cigar Mike doesn't make center stands anymore....
  5. JonXX Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    360CR 360WR SM610 TC450 TXC250 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hondas, Harleys, Yammys & a squid
    I put a 630 stand on my SM610. It's perfect except when I have a full "touring load" squatting it, then I have to be careful of where I park.