sms 630 wont run : (

Discussion in '610/630' started by tony123, Jul 5, 2015.

1. tony123 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    sm s 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    yamaha it 250
    Hi Everybody !

looking for any suggestions to get my 2011 sms 630 running. bought it with 8000 k on it. ran flawless till 9500 k. Left it out in the rain for a few weeks now she wont start. changed the gas, cleaned the plug, spark looks good. checked and cleaned all the wiring connections I can find. now it starts, runs for a few seconds and dies. wont start with starter lever engaged. wont start with the throttle on. only when you let go of the throttle. some people say its the ECU but that's a $300 guess. any other suggestions ??? any help appreciated.

Tony
  2. mjskier Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 KTM 990 SMT
    Wet air filter that prevents air from coming in?
    Plugged gas tank breather?
  3. Homerb Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph Tiger 1050, KLX300, TT250,
    Had an identical problem. The connector for the Temp Coolant Sensor on the rear of the cylinder was full of water. Dried it out, but still wouldn't start. I ended up replacing it and she started right up. The part is only about $10 from Halls. Fixed it right away.
  4. tony123 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    sm s 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    yamaha it 250
    checked the air filter and both tank breathers
  5. tony123 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    sm s 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    yamaha it 250
    ill check that thx.
  6. Homerb Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph Tiger 1050, KLX300, TT250,
    To be clear, I replaced the sensor not the connector.
  7. mekanik Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    I had my air flow sensor and connector fill up with water. ( left hand sensor on throttle body ) had to remove sensor from throttle body and shake the water out,dry with hair drier or sun, took the connector apart to remove trapped water, pack with dielectric grease and all is good.
  8. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    Bike covers are cheap insurance :)
  9. tony123 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    sm s 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    yamaha it 250
    gave in and hauled my bike 450 kms to the nearest Husky shop. They say its the fuel pump.
  10. mekanik Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    I never did get the hang of riding my bike with a cover on, it is the creek crossings that did me in, not when it was parked.
  11. tony123 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    sm s 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    yamaha it 250
    Makes me wonder about my choice of bikes. Thought I was going the right direction by choosing a Husky. But now I'm wondering what good is a dual sport bike that you don't want to get wet ???
  12. mekanik Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    The bikes are great. A little preventative measures is all it takes, take apart all connectors and fill with dielectric grease. Any fuel injected bike will require some forethought. My bike has been through many a thunderstorm and water crossing.
  13. tony123 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    sm s 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    yamaha it 250
    Thanks for the feedback. sorry for taking so long I was on holidays, (w/o my bike : ( . So what does the dielectric grease do ? does it create better contact? or does it insulate against contact ? or just helps keep the water out ?

Tony
  14. tony123 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    sm s 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    yamaha it 250
    So I got my bike back from the shop and it is finally running. IT WAS the fuel pump. They said it did not have enough pressure. I did test it, but I never measured the pressure.