Sms 630 other headers -> remapping needed?

Discussion in '610/630' started by Epicaluptus, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Epicaluptus Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna SMS 630 '11
    Hi,
    I've recently bought a 630, EP custom made exhausts on, o2 sensor eliminator, remapping done,... But maybe I want to replace the exhaust headers too, is this a smart move (weight, sound, power) ? If I change them, does it need to be remapped?
    If someone has a link to a previous thread, please let me know :)
  2. Guns N Husqys Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMS 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    YZ250F
    It would be very smart if you want to remove some weight from your bike. I believe you'll save around 15 pounds from the headers alone! Something I really want to do as well! I'm not sure if it will sound better, perform better or need remapping but what I would do is get a PC V ( power commander V ) and auto tuner. around $400 and $300 for the auto tuner. they work together and always tunes your bike for best performance supposly. I have the PC V just need the auto tuner now. attached is a nice video that explains how it works and their website. You can try ebay etc to see if you can find em cheaper.
    View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0X_nBAUdsY

http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander/powercommander.aspx?mk=26&mdl=307&yr=2153
  3. Epicaluptus Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna SMS 630 '11
    Thanks man! In the time that has past I read some posts on guys tuning their SMS, and they did it with a JDTuner, I've contacted a guy who used the PCV & autotune but he said that it wasn't necessary (the autotune). He recommended a JDTuner with a custom map. I've got dual pipes now, but maybe want to go to 2-1 and FMF exhaust. Still haven't made my decision :)
    Oh yea, he also replaced his battery, he got a huge weight loss! Something to think about...
  4. Guns N Husqys Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMS 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    YZ250F

WoW, I guess you just saved me from the autotuner then if doesn't make a difference! :thumbsup: I'll just stick only with my PC V since it came with my bike. I dk JDTuner vs PC V differences. Yes those 2-1 FMF are sweet! I'm probobly going to get one and download the map for my PC V. they have a map avail for fmf single exhaust specificly. The battery does save you a lot of weight!! OMG so many things we can do! lol I found this website for a bat from someone else on a thread here. only weighs 1.7 lbs http://www.motydesign.com/product.php?batteries=8-cell-battery-post
  5. Epicaluptus Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna SMS 630 '11
    Many options indeed, but damn the 2 in 1 is pricey! Ill post the threads if I may from the admins here... :) it's for another sm forum, you'll probably find it through google aswell. Going to look for the same battery here in Belgium!