1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Smr450 2005 problem

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Vikingo, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Vikingo Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna Smr450 2004
    Hi everyone

This is my first post and I am happy to join the community.

This motor have 55h I just regulated valve changed shims, but I think the motorbike still sound to wierd like tick tick tick before I think was the shims now no Idea, hope somebody have any guess I will post a video of it.

And changed battery 3ah the motorbike is very hard to start need use valve opening for help and a starter.

Video link
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzn97tgwVDiZMHFDVjNZeDFLelU/view?usp=drivesdk

Thanks all
  2. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    A 3Ah battery is pretty small- is that the correct battery (or do you even have an electric start)?

Yeah, that ticking is ominous. If it is not the valves or the ADC (or anything else in the valve train/ top end), I would be looking for something in the clutch case or the flywheel (loose screw etc).

use a mechanics stethoscope to trace the source of the sound.

look for shiny metal fragments in your oil.

where are you- Denmark? eastern Canada? kinda pretty there.
  3. Vikingo Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna Smr450 2004
    Hi @Trenchcoat85 !

Thanks for the reply , actually you was very close I am in Sweden at the moment for a short time :).

Yes the bike has electric start but I mean for that I mean a (jumper I dunno the name for it like when you car won't start and you connect with cables for help).

I thought the same 3 Ah was too small I looked in the catalog of battery here and they said this battery was for a smr 450 but I hardly believe that if you miss start at the 3 shot the battery is dead XD.

I will try open it as soon as I can, the sound is really strong and can't tell where is from with hear.

Vikingo
  4. Vikingo Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna Smr450 2004
  5. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    your drain plug magnet is fine. the stuff on the screen is a concern (minor). but change your oil more often too.

I do not think you have found any clues though. keep looking.

vikingo oil sample.jpg
  6. Vikingo Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna Smr450 2004
    Hi there

I just open the head and double check valve and I don't know if I am getting crazy or the bike is playing with me.

Shims are wrong again and I just fixed how?, last week my measurement was

Intake 0.10 intake 0.10

Exau 0.15 exau0.20[ok]

For order a new shims i calcolated ex:

Old shims 240+
    Game 0,10

Tot 250
    Minus opt game 0,15
    New shims 235

And now all 4 game measure 0?!?
  7. Vikingo Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna Smr450 2004
    I felling so stupid... I calculated wrong after recalculate the intake cams are OK now need to figure out the exhaust. And I also find out why the cams magical change itself.

I was so concentrate on shims that I not notice that cam shafts is absolute not in time desincronized

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzn97tgwVDiZQTBCNU1sTEJhV2c/view?usp=drivesdk

Anybody can tell me a simple way to set timing guide , I remember the tensioner, then bot arrow in each shafts need to match the center gear right?

Sorry for the late reply but was catch by work

Best regards