SMR plastics compatibillity

Discussion in 'Super Moto' started by craigw200, Jan 15, 2014.

1. craigw200 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR450
    Other Motorcycles:
    CRF250
    Hey guys,
    i sent my bike over a cliff 3 weeks ago in Cape TOWN, 2007 SMR450.
    Im starting opperation rebuild. Anyone know if 2008/9 plastics will fit my bike? I really like the smaller quarter pannels at the back and they cemetrical both sides (for the dual arrow pipe). Would love to get a set of those on mine. Any info? thanks
  2. cjoecruz003 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 SMR510
    I don't think so. But the WR 2strojes would. Even the 2010+ that have the graphics inside the plastics
  3. huskylove Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 cr125 in progress
    Hey bud,

[IMG]

I used 2010 wr plastics from ebay uk. Expensive but transformed the look of my SMR.

I also removed the tank and grey panels and brakecleend them then used "forever black" bumper and trim dye, I also sanded them with a fairly rough grit. Transformed the look of the bike from 1990's to brand new looking. Pictured I also used a ktm headlight and fenderectomy so the things didn't flop around when stunting a bit :)

Just some ideas, but the 2 smoker plastics fit fantastically.
    organ donor likes this.
  4. craigw200 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR450
    Other Motorcycles:
    CRF250
    Wow man that looks really cool,nice and different. Are your quarter panels chopped or are they that shape stock?love the Ktm headlight, I've always wanted that from set up on my bike. Will upload a pic of my bike before crash later, my 'grey pannels' and tank are already black- think from 2007 they came out stock like that with black rims, before that was grey tank and radiator panels and silver wheels.very cool looking bike, sick rims!
  5. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    upload one after too so we can see what ya did, lucky you didnt go over the edge too
  6. craigw200 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR450
    Other Motorcycles:
    CRF250
  7. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Suzuki SV1000/73 Honda CB350
    I swapped the plastics and seat on my 07 SM510R with 2012 WR 300. Rear fender is obviously different because my WR had no taillight.
  8. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

BĀ“Jasus, that looks good! If only I could get you to do a similar liposuction on my pig of a 630
  9. craigw200 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR450
    Other Motorcycles:
    CRF250
    I
    checked out pics of the wr300 but the plastics look the same as the smr 07?im really wanting the smaller quarter pannels but the subframe is different on newer models so probably wont fit.
  10. huskylove Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 cr125 in progress
    Just cut down the rear panels. Takes 5 minutes. Tape a line. Put a cut off wheel from a dremel on a cordless drill, cut the desired shape going slowly. File the edge, toss on black door edge rubber protector stuff on with a heat gun! Looks pro and is easy. I did this on my smr above to show off my custom powdercoated white stock slip on, and to make it look more modern/unique. Also made getting on and off easier as with the stubby rear my mx boot can swing around the back :-)
  11. craigw200 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR450
    Other Motorcycles:
    CRF250
  12. craigw200 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR450
    Other Motorcycles:
    CRF250
  13. craigw200 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR450
    Other Motorcycles:
    CRF250
  14. craigw200 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR450
    Other Motorcycles:
    CRF250
    Bad quality phone pics sory but all done besides a sticker kit
  15. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    Can you get black rad shrouds? Would stick them on an
    Leave it like that.
  16. jbonk623 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te450

Just wondering if you knew if the newer plastics will fit my smr450 2005? Also did you have to use a ktm front fender with the ktm headlight? Thank you for your help.
  17. huskylove Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 cr125 in progress
    You must use ktm fender/headlight as a pair, the headlight pushes down into the fender....works great. Zip ties hold the top of the headlight to the bars.

Newer plastics might fit, I used the 2010 2 stroke plastics with moulded graphics and cut them down.