1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

SMR 510 catalytic converter?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Mehusieni, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Mehusieni Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna SMR 510 (2008)
    Hi.

Crashed my SMR 450 yesterday. Mentally disabled BMW driver turned in front of me with no indicator. Apparently I did a front flip and slammed head first on the windshield. Anyway, I've already set my mind on a SMR 510 (2008). The bike has an Arrow full exhaust system. But from what I've read about these 2008 models is that you cannot remove the catalytic converter.
    The seller mentions that he has the "original" exhaust also but isn't the Arrow one the original?
    Where should I look for the cat? Is it in the muffler?
  2. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    On the TE's the cat is in the mid pipe. SMR will probably be the same.
  3. Mehusieni Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna SMR 510 (2008)
    Here somewhere? The bike has just the Arrow muffler but original header/midpipe. Do I need to cut the exhaust with an angle grinder to see it?
    [IMG]

Attached Files:

4. Mehusieni Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna SMR 510 (2008)
    Found this:

"I have been operating with this understanding:
    The 2008 stock OEM has a cat inside the exhaust muffler- it is also welded at least my buddy's is.
    The 2008 Arrow Power Up, does not but I don't know that it is identical to the 09/10.
    The 2008 exhaust has reportedly failed to fit the 09/10 midpipe and mounting points to to a slight variance in bend.
    The 09/10 xhaust has a removable cat in the midpipe."

Maby when the previous owner changed the arrow silencer, it removed the cat completely:thinking:
  5. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Most remove the cat after purchase to free the bike up and dissipate heat amongst other jobs such as air filter and charcoal filter removals etc.
  6. 268fords Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08' TE510'
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CRF 100, Kawasaki KLX 110
    Correct. The factory can on the 08’s was in the pipe itself. The arrow was the power up kit without the cat. If you were able to locate a mid pipe from an 09’ and up, 09’ exhaust will work on an 08’. The 08’ is the oddball being that it was the first year of fuel injection( different injection on 09’s and up) and first year of having the exhaust on the left side.
    rancher1 likes this.