Small pop/smoke from throttle body

Discussion in '610/630' started by Dully, Mar 19, 2022.

1. Dully Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Not Yet ;)
    Just finished reassembling the bike, as far as i know everything is connected/plugged in properly.

Got the gas tank hooked back up, opened the fuel lines, and went to start it up. It attempted to turn over for a second than a loud pop/explosion cam,e from where i presume is the throttle body, along with a small amount of smoke. Did i just break something bad? I will be taking it back off tomorrow for a visual inspection. But if anyone knows what i just did and how to remedy it im all ears.

Also have a brand new battery, and fairly new spark plug. New battery made the startup sound faster and smoother compared to the old, but it wouldn't actually turn over.

The fuel in the tank is sort-of old, maybe out of its shelf life stored in the tank outside for a few months, could this cause it?

On a side note, when i fully unscrew the right hand side nozzle on the fuel tank, it starts to leak above the hose, so i screwed it bike slightly above fully open to stop that leak, did i choke it for fuel? and is there a seal/washer there i need to replace aswell, or is this normal
  2. Dully Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Not Yet ;)
    UPDATE -
    Silly me did seal the throttle body to the engine itself, oopsy. The rubber seal slipped off on re assembly.

I DO still have an odd puffing noise coming from the air box? Every tick when trying to turn it over results in a little puff of air coming from it that didnt happen before. I havnt gotten it on yet, playing it safe until i know whats up. I replaced the fuel in the tank too, so it has new gas :)