sm610 - rear turn signals failed

Discussion in '610/630' started by mikebikeboy, Aug 26, 2008.

1. mikebikeboy Husqvarna

Hi! 2006 sm610

My rear turn signals failed recently. The last thing I did was take the bike apart to install a fuel screw into the carb. then later that night while test riding, I noticed the rear left signal didn't work, and later, the rear right one stopped working.

I swapped the rear bulbs into the front signals and they both work, so it's not dead bulbs.

I'm going to take the bike apart again and look for any melted wires but Im putting this post to see if anyone else has had this same problem before, or knows if it's related to a particular fuse, or who might have any hints as to what's going on.

-mikebikeboy

ps--the rear red brake light works fine.
  2. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Turn signals on dirtbikes are always problematic. First thing I changed out cause they don't like being smashed in the dirt. But in your case it seems to be a loose wire. Take a look at the schematic in your owners manual, there are 3 wires for the turn signals - left, right, and the return line which is either +12v or ground - that is the one that is the issue.

You switched bulbs around so it seems you have the right mind set about how to approach things...
  3. mikebikeboy Husqvarna

I got a electricity tester and traced it to a loose connection in the place where the wire was soldered to the bulb connection head and also just bad bulbs.

thanks guys

easy fix