sm610 2006 offset help

Discussion in '610/630' started by tomasz szwajor, Oct 20, 2014.

1. tomasz szwajor Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    610 sm
    Other Motorcycles:
    rn12,gsxr600 k8
    i need to put my wheels back together after powder coating.now my mechanic ask whats d offset?ive no idea where to check it.does any of u guys ever deal with this issue?
  2. mjskier Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 KTM 990 SMT
    I've heard of wheel offset for cars, but not for a motorcycle. Seems to me that the length of the spokes pretty much dictates what any offset (if any) the wheel is going to be at.
  3. Borgschulze Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    2004 Yamaha WR450
    Now is a great time to learn how to build a wheel.

If you're not happy with where it is offset wise.. you will be able to move it over yourself.
  4. tomasz szwajor Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    610 sm
    Other Motorcycles:
    rn12,gsxr600 k8
    u c offset is to make sure that wheel will be in right position against wichbone and sprocket so chain wont damage tyre
  5. tomasz szwajor Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    610 sm
    Other Motorcycles:
    rn12,gsxr600 k8
    if any of u guys can check it for me distans beetwen a rim and brake disc in a straight line.ill add a picture to show u what im looking for.check this picture.if u will put something straight to brake disc and distance between rim and brake disc thats offset.can u check it guys in your bikes?if u have 610 sm please

Attached Files:

6. Theo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM 610 I.E.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 YZ250
    I've measured the offset in this way, from the outer side of the disc:
    [IMG]
    The offset is very little, as you can see:
    [IMG]
    I've utilized the caliper only as a straight object. I've used a ruler to measure the distance, which is 3 mm. I think that I can say that they are more than 2.5 mm and less than 3.5 mm.
    Don't worry about the protruding sliding part, because the distance measured has been taken about where there is the green arrow:
    [IMG]
    and that point is flush with the bottom part of the caliper.
    During the measurement, I was pulling the disc outwards making it touching the edge of its seat, beacause it's floating and this could have altered the distance.