SM to TE Mods and Conversion

Discussion in '610/630' started by Doormandan, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Doormandan Husqvarna
    A Class

All I have to say is the thing is a tractor:D. The seet could use some work but what a great time I had this afternoon. I have never spent much time on the street or with street wheels and was going to sell all of the SM stuf (perhaps I will rethink). I have already ordered the dirt wheels from Halls (What a wealth of information and help) thay are fitting a set of custom hubs/wheels for me and all the brake parts required also, thay are taking the time to fit them to a 08 SM so I won't have any issues. I did a lot of homework before I picked up the SM knowing I was going to put dirt wheels on it, being lower is okay for me and when I get the shock and forks revalved it will be even better.

Note: I will post some pictures this week with some of my mods
    Thanks for eveyone's help here in the Cafe
    Dan L:cheers:
  2. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    :applause::applause::applause:

Save them wheels! :thumbsup:
  3. mtne Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08' TE610 + 08'TE610 sumo'd
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 950SE
    Hey Dan, would you mind doing a write up of everything for those of us that are considering the same process. It would be nice to have a heads up on all the details.

thanks!
  4. Doormandan Husqvarna
    A Class

Sure, I will give it my best( I don't type so great:lol:)
    Dan L
  5. Doormandan Husqvarna
    A Class

Mods until my wheels get here

I have installed my Scotts from my 07 TE250 (bolted right up with longer bolts). I am going to make a new stem that would normally clamp around the top bearing housing, because there is not enough room I am thinking of using the front upper tank mount as my anchor point. I don't see a issue the frame looks very strong at this point. (Any input here would be great)

Mods to date
    Up-tite skid plate and oil cap
    Scotts steering dampener with bar mount
    handguards turn signals
    Removed turn signals
    Rear rack (Home Made)
    Wrapped the mid pipe with Thermo Tech\
    Baja Designs rear brake light and Lic plate holder
    ASV Clutch perch and short lever( Note this mod helped with the cable length)

Dan L

Attached Files:

6. kram Husqvarna
    B Class

This sounds great, the used price for a SM is far cheaper than a TE here is Australia, so if iam going to get two sets of rims anyway... this could be a good option, if not too difficult. Very interested!