Sm 610 Ie Choking (2007)

Discussion in '610/630' started by buslak, Mar 17, 2019.

1. buslak Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna sm 610 ie
    Other Motorcycles:
    none
    Hello to everybody.

I have got problem with my Husky :( It started during a ride. Bike started to choke when I added a throttle and sometimes even when keeping the speed. It was really short chokes and then it ride normally for a bit of time and then again. It was kinda strange and without any warning light. But still I could go like 120 km/h with these problems. I finished the ride and 2nd day I tried to test it. Then neutral sensor started to blink. So I looked for what does it mean. I saw quite some threads on this forum and some others but I just couldnt figure it out.

Now what I have tried already:
    I changed the water temperature sensor.
    I changed a spark plug.
    After this I dissambled the tank so I can see on all cables but everything looked good. So I put it all together but then everything was working just fine. But I have already been ordered to service so I had to go there to connect the bike on iBeat. It showed us TPS errors. Then when I was coming back it started to choke again. So I have tried to change TPS as well but it didnt work. Yesterday I dissambled the bike again measured the wires out of TPS to control unit. It looked fine so I put it together again. And now neutral light stop blinking but the bike still chokes.

I dont know what else I am supossed to check, look for.
    Right now I am clueless.

Any help much appreciated
    Thank you for your suggestions.
  2. Scottishjim Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 husky 610 sm
    Other Motorcycles:
    Suzuki text 600 k2
    hi buslak,how are you? the choking,can you explain what you mean?,does the bike drive but say half throttle she just wants to die?,,when your driving does she sound constant but keeps going? but slows down? then slight more throttle sounds good again?,,im just trying to narrow it down here,,thanks jim
  3. buslak Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna sm 610 ie
    Other Motorcycles:
    none
    Hello Scottishjim,thank you for response, she drives okay doesnt matter how much throttle but then suddenly for like half-second or second it looks like no gas is going in the engine. But then after the second she starts to drive as before like nothing happend. Its really weird.

Two weeks ago I managed to get Ibeat 2.1.0 and when I looked at TPS value it was completely out of range it should be in, plus there was air pressure and some temperature error. I took TPS off the bike and then back and value was okay. So I went for test ride and it really helped, but only for like 30 km. I took it off and put it in bach once again and now I rode maybe more than 200 km and everything seems okay.

I feel like there is something wrong with cables. I suspect ground cable from TPS to be faulty because all three errors popped out.
  4. EricV Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    That's a good description of how my bike was behaving when I had some wire fraying/shorting at my voltage regulator. Not uncommon for fraying to occur at the connector, and where the wires route around the battery tray. It's worth a shot to continue to carefully follow and examine wiring. Let us know what you learn.
  5. buslak Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna sm 610 ie
    Other Motorcycles:
    none
    Thank you very much for your suggestion.
    Unfortunately I am not at home right know. I am gonna work at it during this weekend and of course I will let you know if I learn anything :)
  6. Scottishjim Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 husky 610 sm
    Other Motorcycles:
    Suzuki text 600 k2
    did you get her sorted?
  7. buslak Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna sm 610 ie
    Other Motorcycles:
    none
    Hello,

yes I did. It turned out, that it is a problem with wiring. Black/orange cable (from TPI sensor) was unisolated in one spot and it was touching a frame causing shorting.
    After isolation was fixed everything seems to be okay.