SM 610 front brake kit

Discussion in '610/630' started by Dikkes, Jul 10, 2016.

1. Dikkes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    None
  2. Dikkes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    None
    Nobody overhauled their calipher before?
  3. Flynn Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    I've just had a look on the parts fiche for a 2006 610 and nothing there at all in regards to a rebuild kit. I have also google'ed "brembo four pot supermoto caliper" and not getting far at all. But that is all it is, they aren't different for different bikes, not specific to Husqvarna. Is there a part number on the caliper you could use? Or contact Brembo and ask them where to obtain a rebuild kit from.
  4. Theo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM 610 I.E.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 YZ250
    I've read, more than once on the Internet, that since some years ago Brembo doesn't sell rebuild kits anymore, neither for calipers, nor for master cylinders.
  5. Flynn Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    That's ridiculous! How do they expect people to over hall their products then? I would expect a lot more from such a big name. If my brakes need doing this will cause a serious problem. The only option would be to find a second hand one in better condition, which is, quite frankly, ludicrous.
  6. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

You can take it apart measure the pistons and o-rings and at least get new o-rings to stop any leaks. There are a lot of companies that sell o-rings for calipers.
  7. Theo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM 610 I.E.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 YZ250
    Here in Italy some SM riders say that they've brought the caliper/master cylinder to an authorized dealer and then the dealer sent it to Brembo, who serviced the part.
    A friend of mine turned to a professional who deals with brake servicing. This professional found suitsble seals and rebuilt his master cylinder. So, you could try and do what rancher1's suggested.
  8. Spice Weasel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 SM610
    When i had my Aprilia RSV and was on the RSV forum we found out about this issue, the ape had the same calipers. That was 6 years ago
  9. Dikkes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    None
    Thanks for the replies and confirms pretty much what I feared - for some obscure reason Brembo do not sell the front pistons and seals.

Seals might be still OK, but if a piston breaks it seems you would be pretty screwed.

Also not sure what model Brembo this is, but I will mail them - maybe they know. Thank goodness I decided to check before dismantling.
  10. Dikkes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    None
    Well at least I think I found the product code -http://moto.brembo.com/en/detail/XA32950/husqvarna/sm/610/2006/calipers/front
  11. Flynn Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Blazes likes this.