1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Sluggish bottom 09 TE450

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Michael Ryan, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Michael Ryan Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2016 TE 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 350exc, 89 CR 500
    Hey Guys, I own a 09 TE450 which has only been de restricted. It is an awesome bike but I was wondering if anyone else has any similiar problems with the bike bogging down and nearly stalling when trying to accelerate suddenly, mostly only in 1st gear. I presume the mapping is set up standard. The gearing is 13/47.
    Any feedback would be great.
  2. rajobigguy Administrator

Welcome aboard Michael.
    Lots of people find that their bikes run better after they are completely broken in but usually they need a bit of tweaking to the FI system after they get the power up kit.:cheers:
  3. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    When you get around 500-600 mi on it have them adjust the FI. The critical adjustments are the Throttle Position Sensor and FB1 which will improve both low end and idle. After that I guess you can go to a Power Commander to customize your FI map and tweak it if it doesn't suit your needs.

Lots of owners are fiddling with iBeat and PC here so just search up the threads when you're ready.
  4. petem Husqvarna
    A Class

HI Michael. I recently picked up a new 09 TE450 which is also derestricted. I've only done about 400 miles, but so far no sign of it bogging down or threatening to stall in any gear. My gearing is 14/47 to ease things a bit on the road as I have to do some road riding to get to the dirt, so you'd think that would make it more likely to bog down if anything.

I do have a G2 throttle cam though to calm things down as I was used to a WR250R before and I suspected there would soon be a man/machine/tree interface otherwise! Maybe that helps to avoid bogging down because you can't open the throttle as quickly from small openings?

Whatever the reasons I have to say so far it's been very impressive how well it does pick up from low revs, even when you're really in too high a gear and hit something unexpected. :thumbsup:

Less impressed by the kick stand, but that's another story! :banghead:

Sounds like good advice to get the FI adjusted once you've got some miles on it. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine! :applause: