Skid Plate Options

Discussion in 'TR650' started by IPA Brewer, Nov 22, 2012.

1. FER QUILES Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    KLE500, HONDA NX650

Best because SW motech is too wide and heavy and clearance is minor.
  2. Ogre_fl Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Tiger 1050
    Well I have done my first oil change since getting the Altrider plate and I am still unimpressed.
    Typically, I got oil on the engine and plate during the change. As such I wanted to remove the plate to clean both.
    What an PITA it is getting the bolts and nuts back in and torqued.
    This should have a hanger attached to the frame with bolts that attach the plate to that hanger from the front.
    For the cost they also should have at least provided proper length bolts.

As I suspected, I do have a silver stripe down the middle of the plate where the anodized has been sand blasted off.
    nev.. likes this.
  3. broadwayron Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    '10 520RR
    I've got a stock Strada that needs stuff, so I'll be asking a few questions in the near future...
    Does anyone know which skid plates don't work with the centerstand? I figure, that will help narrow down my choices, because I definitely want the centerstand.
  4. msmith345 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '12 WR250, '92 360, '80 390
    Other Motorcycles:
    '72 Yamaha R5, '17 SV650

I can't say for sure which ones DON'T work with it, but I can say that the Ricochet does in fact work with the center stand.

Just keep in mind the centerstand is definitely designed for the Terra. It's slightly tall for the Strada so it takes a bit of grunt to get it on there rather than just rocking it back.
  5. broadwayron Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    '10 520RR
    Thanks... yeah, I've read that it's for the Terra. I've had the same issue with aftermarket centerstands on other bikes- I could barely get my TE610 on the stand. It doesn't help when you are short, and the bike is tall.
    OK, so the Ricochet is a possibility.