Skid Plate Options

Discussion in 'TR650' started by IPA Brewer, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Clete Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '01 CR/WR 250, '13 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '06 Suzuki SV650 (gone)
    ok, sounds good, thank you
  2. RidingDonkeys Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    67 Bonnie, 68 Tiger, 11 Ural........
    They start it tomorrow. They are wrapping up the racks as we speak. I just posted a pic in the Luggage thread.
  3. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    This.

In addition a TR650 could easily weigh 450lbs depending on what else is bolted on and strapped to it.
    Scutler likes this.
  4. Leo Fisher Cafe Husky - Contributing Member

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati, Honda and Norton
    I just installed Kelly's upper skid plate to my Terra and it's a slick fit and very generous in the protection area Here are some photos. Two more photos in next post.

Attached Files:

5. Leo Fisher Cafe Husky - Contributing Member

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati, Honda and Norton
    Two final pictures. Thanks Kelly!

Attached Files:

FabOneUp and Thumpa like this.
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Thank YOU! That thing looks nice in black.

I have ridden mine a good bit with the front protection and am surprised it is not louder as i figured it would be (sounds reflecting back towards you). I still think stuffing some closed cell foam between it and the front down tube might be good.
  7. bluegopher Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR650 Terra
    Still waiting for the SW Motech bars to arrive. Twisted Throttle originally posted today's date as the day they would ship to me (I ordered them July 1st). I just got an email saying the expected ship date is now August 12th.

I have to say I'm a little apprehensive about adding the extra weight to the bike though. I bottomed out the front suspension a couple times this weekend coming down from some fairly mild jumps on a pretty tight trail. I hate hearing and feeling that thud and wondering if I'm leaving a trail of fork oil in my wake.
  8. FER QUILES Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    KLE500, HONDA NX650
    Installing new SW Motech bashplate, and OEM windscreen. I do intent OEm a bit upper than stock.. I will give my impresions about
    the turbulence, in helmet and chest at 75mph soon.
    What a I broked, pushing the rack to move Terra, one rackarm.. it seems butter. It is crazy, no place on the back to hold Terra to move safetly.
  9. Scutler Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    TW200 Sold, 2009 SuzukiGS500F Sold
    I am very happy with my Richochet skid-plate. It went on in about fifteen minutes last night. It seems very sturdy and seems surprisingly light.
  10. BikingEngineer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    2004 Kaw. EX500, 1981 Honda CM400C
    I just got mine put on as well. This thing is SOLID! I feel like I could bomb down a gravel road with abandon without worrying at all.
  11. Leo Fisher Cafe Husky - Contributing Member

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati, Honda and Norton
    I agree and while the 'noise' has a different pitch - I don't think it has increased - I did get a bit worried though about air flow and engine cooling when I was on a lengthy ride at high speed and temperature. However, nothing untoward occured so I guess it's not an issue! Great job Kelly!
  12. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    thank you.
  13. FER QUILES Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    KLE500, HONDA NX650
    I have installed Sw Motech skipplate yet.. All I can say is: it sound another TERRA650 motobike.. now i can not hear the mufflers, just engine..
    you have to get used to-..
    no vibrations, but engine sound reboot much more..
  14. FER QUILES Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    KLE500, HONDA NX650
    In a few days i will post a photo of SW motech installed.. PERFECT SYSTEM. Protect everything right way. After seen all systems, I come to think is one of the best, and very solid, diferent colours makes it thinner than it is.. very glad with it, even noisy has change completely..
  15. FER QUILES Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    KLE500, HONDA NX650
    I also installed the OEM windshield, and much worried about it.. i am 1.90m tall, and even placing OEm much higher , turbulences around helmet appear
    It works well but i will try as soon as possible to change angle, to see what happen..
  16. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    The person you quoted is referring to his MotoSportz skid plate.

Do you have a MotoSportz skid plate or a SW Motech?
  17. Lekolite Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Strada
    Just got off the phone with Altrider, they received the new skid plates only to find that they were manufactured incorrectly. The rep told me the engineers were assessing the situation and that we should hear something from them on Cafe Husky soon. If I didn't like my Altrider crash bars so much, I would probably throw a tantrum right now.
  18. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

I know the owner of that place (Jeremy) personally. Really good people there. I'm sure they just had a manufacturing snafu which unfortunately happens despite your best intentions.
  19. Ignaciob Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada --> Terra (aka Noxeema)
    Other Motorcycles:
    05 Yamaha FJR (x2), 75 Honda CB400F
    This is disappointing. While I can understand a snafu by itself...it's already after a 2 month delay from when I first ordered it. I'll wait patiently a bit longer for their reply....and reassess then. Meanwhile, I'll hold off on some other AltRider bits I was thinking about. They make great products, they're in my back yard, but if they keep having fulfillment issues...I hope they get it sorted out quickly.
  20. Lekolite Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Strada
    If I were Jeremy, the owner, I would be mighty pissed right now. Especially after the whole crash bar fiasco.