Silly Season - Its Official Team Husqvarna USA

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by oregonsage, Dec 19, 2013.

1. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    Husqvarna Motorcycles Welcomes Brown, Bobbitt, DeLong and Argubright for 2014!

FMF, Moose, Bel-Ray and Dunlop get behind Husqvarna's 2014 Factory Off-Road Race Team.

What has 10 ISDE gold medals, four National Enduro titles, 13 GNCC XC2 wins, four AMA EnduroCross wins, three National Hare & Hound wins, two X Games gold medals and an AMA Motocross Championship? Husqvarna's 2014 Off-Road Race Team! Husky is proud to announce that Mike Brown, Russell Bobbitt, Andrew DeLong and Jacob Argubright will be the first U.S. team to race the all-new Husqvarna Motorcycles in 2014.

"We have an amazing lineup for this season," commented Husqvarna Race Team Manager Andy Jefferson. "This is a landmark year for Husqvarna and we couldn't ask for a better team to fly the flag. Mike Brown and Russell Bobbitt are well known and respected champions, and Andrew DeLong and Jacob Argubright are both budding talents in off-road. Between the four of them, Husqvarna is covering five different national championships, as well as other select events around the world. It's going to be a busy and exciting year for the 2014 Husqvarna Off-Road Race Team."

Husqvarna is proud to welcome one of the most venerated racers in off-road to the team, Mike Brown. The former WORCS champion, 125cc AMA Motocross champion and X Games gold medalist will be once again taking on the AMA EnduroCross championship, as well as a host of other select events around the world in 2014.

"It's a big deal that they want my name to be with Husky," Brown commented. "For sure, I'm excited. EnduroCross is the main focus, but I'll be racing a bit of everything - as much as I can to get the brand out there. I'm going to do some of the Australian Enduro X Nationals they're having in January/February and then finish out the FIM Super Enduro Championship in Europe. I'm going to do the first three rounds of the GNCC series, some enduros and a few AMA Motocross races this year. I'll be staying busy, for sure, but I'd rather race every weekend than sit around. I'm looking forward to it!"

Four-time AMA National Enduro Champion Russell Bobbitt is thrilled to join the Husky contingent, and be a part of Husqvarna's rich off-road heritage.

"I'm excited to sign on with Husqvarna especially because it's such a nostalgic name and company," Bobbitt said. "My dad was a dealer for Husqvarna 30 years ago and I have a lot of respect for the brand because it carries a lot of history, especially in enduro racing. I grew up looking up to guys like Mike Melton, Dick Burleson and Terry Cunningham; they're all great guys. The chance to do the same thing as those guys and win a championship for Husqvarna is really awesome."

Bobbitt will be once again be contesting the AMA National Enduro series as well as defending his title in the OMA Nationals seriesCC series. Joining Bobbitt in the National Enduros, and also stepping up to the premier class of the GNCC series is Husqvarna's Andrew DeLong. The promising GNCC star is a returning Husqvarna rider, but is facing big changes in 2014 with a new team, new class, and all-new state-of-the-art Husqvarna Motorcycles.

"It's a big step, but I think I'm ready for it," said DeLong, who will be stepping up from the 250cc machines of the XC2 class to a 450 in the XC1 division. "I'm 200 pounds - that's a big dude for a small bike. Hopefully I'll be able to transition nicely onto the 450. The bikes look super awesome and I'm excited to get some time on them. I'm definitely excited about this new season and having guys like Russell, Brownie and Jacob on the team.

Last but not least, Southern California's Jacob Argubright will be racing a factory Husqvarna in 2014. "I'm stoked," Argubright said. "Not only is it my first factory ride, but I'm thrilled to be with a great team that has such a good heritage in the desert. Husqvarna has an all-new FC 450 and I'm going to be the first one representing it in the National Hare & Hound series so I'm real happy about that. I will also be doing the AMA Western Hare Scrambles series and a few extreme races, as well."

Husqvarna's factory off-road race team sponsors include FMF, Moose, Bel-Ray, Dunlop, WP Suspension by PG, Rekluse, Sidi, LightSpeed, Zip-Ty, SuperB, DT1, AME, ProTaper, RK, Excel, Factory Motor Services, Motorcycle Superstore (Bell Helmets), Braking, Matrix Concepts, Motion Pro, Fastway, ARC, TM Designs, Enduro Engineering and VP Fuels.

Husqvarna Motorcycles. Tradition on two wheels since 1903.
    Husqvarna Motorcycles are widely known and respected in the off-road world for a heritage of competition and numerous motocross and enduro world championships. Originally founded in Sweden in 1903, Husqvarna Motorcycles have been designed and manufactured in Mattighofen, Austria since 2013.

Husqvarna Motorcycles North America, Inc.
    Husqvarna has continued to expand its professional race team to compete in AMA National Enduro, GNCC, AMA EnduroCross, OMA Nationals, AMA West Hare Scrambles Series and AMA National Hare & Hound championships. Husqvarna team riders are competing aboard 2014 Husqvarna FC 450, FE 350, TC 250 and TE 300 off-road models.
    robertaccio, ray_ray and Johnrg like this.
  2. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Wondering where Graffunder ends up in all this???
  3. oldbikedude Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1988 wr 430 with cr suspension
    Other Motorcycles:
    66flh,67 CA77,76 CR125M,73H1,74ty250
    I am a big fan of Brownie from moto days gone by & Andrew Delong is a local guy so I root for him too. I met Andrew's dad at vintage days. He was very personable & it was a treat to get the "semi" inside scoop on Husky.
    robertaccio and oregonsage like this.
  4. motohio Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 TC449,10 WR300,09 TC450, 83 CR250
    I hope he kills it on this bike. The whole set up is the bees knees!

brown2014.jpg
    robertaccio and oregonsage like this.
  5. littled657 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Just dropped and left out in the cold. Nice EH!
    robertaccio likes this.
  6. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    He is from Canada....probably likes the cold !

Havent seen a peep about him. Nice guy, talented, he ought to pop up someplace.
  7. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Beta extreme would kill with Cody and Cory as a powerplay extremo teamo and the team even sounds cool the Beta Cody and Cory show
    LandofMotards likes this.
  8. Aussie Husky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    76 GP125,08 TE250,10 TE250, 11 WR150
    Is there going to be an MX team in the US?
  9. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Not that I've heard of so far. Mike Brown will do a few in the outdoor season so atleast they're allowed to be run this year. With a good contingency maybe we'll get a few that qualify. It's going to be cool to see even if they're not near the top
  10. franky bonez Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hon CR 250 - Yam RD350 - HD Softail
    I want to see a Husqvarna MX team out here racing in the USA too!
    TemecuCoastie likes this.