1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Silencer heat shield for FMF pipe?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Vustadumas, Mar 20, 2015.

1. Vustadumas Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati 1198
    Searched the site / internet for this, but not finding what I'm looking for. I just ordered an FMF power core 4, and I've been searching for a heat shield to protect it a bit. My stock muffler has quite a few scratches and dings and I would really like to avoid such things, if possible on the new can.

I'm looking for something exactly like P3's heat shield they have for the Akrapovic can. Anyone have experience using the P3 with an FMF, or know of something similar that will work?

[IMG]
  2. Khaaf162 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 fe501s
    I just installed one on my 449 with the pc4. It fits ok i think and will do the job since there is really nothing else out there. The 2 bottom mounting holes do not line up right so u could cut and reweld them or take the easy way and buy 2 of the clamps from P3 as well. If you go with the clamps the hose clamps that they come with were to short but i did wrap mine first not sure if they would work with out the wrap. The other thing was it touches up by the FMF sticker not sure if that will be a problem don't think it should be but i did but a piece of heat wrap there.
  3. Vustadumas Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati 1198
    Ok cool. Thanks for the reply. Scott from P3 said pretty much the same. I think I'll try and make it work.
  4. Khaaf162 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 fe501s
    Yea he sent me a email about it asking how it worked out. I would send you some pics but it is in the shop right now. Should have it back this week if you want to see it on there first.
  5. Vustadumas Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati 1198
    Sure, that would be great! Thanks
  6. Khaaf162 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 fe501s
    Here a few pics of mine any questions let me know. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
  7. Vustadumas Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati 1198
    Thanks so much for the pics, big help! I can see what you mean about it touching up at the top of the can. So the silencer is melting it? Maybe I can get a longer bolt and space out a 1/2" or so? Looks good though!

* Ahh, it's the header tape under the shield. Got it :)
  8. Khaaf162 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 fe501s
    I tried to space it out some and just could not get it to work out. I did not try it yet but I might be able to roll the bottom 2 clamps and get some space there but i really not think it is going to be a problem the way it is.
  9. Vustadumas Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati 1198
    Ok, cool. Just ordered the heat shield and clamps from P3. I'll post it up once I get it on! Thanks
  10. Waverider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 449
    Vust,

I would love to know how it work out for you. If you and Khaaf are happy with the shield, I will more than likely order one as well.

Mahalo
    Vustadumas likes this.
  11. Vustadumas Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati 1198
    P3 heat shield was delivered today. Went on with out much problem. The clamps from P3, do not fit the slip-on. I had a larger 1/2" clamp on-hand, so no biggie. Just dremeled one of the standoffs. I did use one of their clamps, as the 1/4" width was necessary to fit next to the FMF's welds. It's really close, but it works! The top of the shield does ride a bit on the pipe. I'll do like Khaaf did and add some header tape under it.

Overall, I'm very happy with the full setup. It looks fantastic on the bike. Bonus pic of the 7602 Racing radiator braces too.

IMG_1294.JPG IMG_1295.JPG
    Colo moto likes this.
  12. bhuizer Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449
    Wow, that looks really good! Thanks for experimenting for the rest of us, at least we have an option now that the factory silencer guards are impossible to get!
    Vustadumas likes this.
  13. Waverider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 449
    Thanks! Looks great
    Vustadumas likes this.