sick of rain bike wont start 2011 husqvarna sms 630

Discussion in '610/630' started by Derek Sipple, Jun 22, 2013.

1. Derek Sipple Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 husqvarna sms 630
    so last night we had alot of rain and this morning it wont start and it was uncovered.. whats the run down on checking stuff to get her back up and running? any help would be apreciated thanks
  2. notoriouz Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SMS 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Ninja 650r
    Does it try to start at all?
  3. Derek Sipple Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 husqvarna sms 630
    ya it did but wouldnt start so i drained all the gas pulled plug out shot a flame into cylinder to see if i was grtting gas and not water and ignighted so i put all new gas in. hooked charger up and just turned over till it started to start, pain in my ass but got it running 2 hours later and my first stop was buying a cover ha
  4. Devildogg Husqvarna
    B Class

5. Devildogg Husqvarna
    B Class

Derek,

You must check the Electronic Throttle body connection. This connection is on the left side of the machine near the cylinder. That connection wasn't designed properly because it’s upside down so it will contain water. Disconnect it and see. You may even see a little mold. If this was a continuous problem that unit may be fried. The only way to know this is Ibeat. You have to connect it when the bike is cold. Start it and you will see some haywire readings. You can’t get the bike to run correctly if this is fried. You have to load the connection with grease and electrical tape the entire thing. Let me know if this worked.
    organ donor likes this.
  6. 1lunger Husqvarna
    AA Class

I had a cracked spark plug boot causing a lot of trouble on mine. Check it! The plastic inside the rubber can break up and mess you all up!
  7. BarberPole Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    XT225
    That's interesting. I haven't heard that one.

I have heard water pooling in the spark plug tunnel causes grounding/arcing, etc .

Thanks.
  8. Michael Fox Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SM 630
    Just found this thread. Im having the same problem, sort of. Was riding it yesterday in rain and it just died. Wouldnt restart. I could not hear the fuel pump running but i could hear the computer/relay signaling the pump to turn on. After letting it sit overnight, it started up fine. I just checked that throttle body plug and it had water but also started with that unplugged, so i dont see that being the problem.

Any suggestions?