1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc should i reconnect my auto lube?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by bruntz, Nov 17, 2012.

1. bruntz Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    sm125
    Other Motorcycles:
    enfield bullet 500,gas gas rookie 50
    hi guys again, should i reconnect the auto lube on my 2007 sm125 as the guy i got it off ran premix and swears its the best way?.
  2. Gotlabs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 CR144 X 2!
    What is autolube?
    ray_ray likes this.
  3. bruntz Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    sm125
    Other Motorcycles:
    its the oil pump that mix' s the two stoke oil automatic with the petrol my bike is a road bike they come with autolubes
  4. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    I'd let the guys who know much more about how much oil an engine needs at any given RPM rather than the guy (me) that can only read numbers off a plastic jug, mix the oil and gas amounts ...

You'll probably find out you use much less oil also if you use what the Husky engineers provided ....

Over here, I see some bikes with the oil pumps that are so old it is ridiculous and they still pump oil just fine ...
  5. Ex HVUK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    2 questions:

1. Is the bike standard?
    2. Why did he disconnect it before?

If there's something wrong with the autolube system or the bike has been altered significantly from standard then you could find out the expensive way that it doesn't work!

Dave
  6. bruntz Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    sm125
    Other Motorcycles:
    hi there as far as i know bike is standard apart from a full dep pipe.when i got bike man said he runs it on premix as its safer but i would have left it on auto lube due to it being a road bike.so i dont know if pump works or not.what do you think i should do?
    thx mark
  7. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    mix your self I would say I've seen quite some auto lubes fail for different reasons and its a waste of your top end if that happens

Robert-Jan
  8. KXcam22 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SM630, 2017 300XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    08FZR6;07CRF450;98CBR900RR;02KTM200
    You will always - ALWAYS- get better lubrication and bike performance using pre-mix with a quality synthetic oil. I have disconnected the auto lube on every bike I have had it on. Cam.
  9. bruntz Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    sm125
    Other Motorcycles:
    thats what the guy said i had it off but its a pain when i use it on the road only, as i have to carry oil with me and a measure jug.
  10. KXcam22 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SM630, 2017 300XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    I used to premix for an RZ350 street bike. I modified the stock oil tank to carry the oil and all I had to do was carry a small graduated lab container (with a screw top) for measuring out the oil. A bit of a hassle but worth it. Previously I froze the crank $$ after the oil pump stopped working. Cam.
    K5PL5 likes this.
  11. bruntz Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    sm125
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes t
    thats a good idea thx
  12. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    Have it on my sons 50cc, and on my wife's jetski. Both oil pumps have worked flawlessly, and never have to mix! I love it!
    Motosportz likes this.
  13. Ex HVUK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    I've seen far more seizures due to incorrect premix ratios than I have due to oil pump failures.

My suggestions would be to connect up the oil pump but route the outlet to a container rather than to the bike. With pre mix still in the tank, start the bike and see if the pump does its thing. If it pumps steadily and the air bubbles disappear out of the oil line then you can be relatively sure the pump is working and you could connect it to the bike.

You also need to be sure that you are using an injector compatible oil rather than a pre mix oil in the oil tank and that the fuel tank is refilled from empty with neat fuel straight away else you'll be over oiling. You will then need to check the jetting as in theory to convert to premix would have required a larger main jet.

Bear in mind if any of this goes wrong or the pump isn't working it will seize up so you should be very sure everything is working correctly. Any doubts then I'd recommend taking it to a dealer to convert back. It will be cheaper than buying a new cylinder and / or repairing any crash damage if it seizes and tips you off!

Dave
    juicypips and CelticDude like this.
  14. bruntz Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    sm125
    Other Motorcycles:
    thx for that i will check pump the way you say, its a good idea as i would like the pump on as i know then the bike is getting the correct oil and i need not worry about over oiling and under oiling thx very much mark
  15. MotoMarc36 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR144, 04 TC450, 04 TC250, CR50
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many. Too many.
    RZ350's failed because the plastic gear that turned the pump, failed. Never, ever, because it was still turning but stoped pumping.
  16. gazmcfaza Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husky wre 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    , yamaha xt 125
    all I can say is my 05 is still running great with an auto pump and having tried to ride a cagiva w8 on the road with premix fuel, it's so much easier, at the pump, '' How many litres of fuel is that? Right, so how much oil do I need to mix in with that, ok, ah, I've forgotten my little 250 mil oil bottle, I'll have to guess how much I need, pour oil into tank, shake tank, all the while getting odd looks from car drivers waiting behind to refill. I'd rather have an auto pump than have to remember oil, an oil measuring jug and the hassle of calculating the ratio I need every time
  17. KXcam22 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SM630, 2017 300XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    Premix is not for everyone. I have just encountered too many transformations, where the vehicle runs phenomenally better, to ignore the idea of removing injector systems. The head math is easy if you run 50:1 and buy your fuel in liters. Again, not for everyone. Cam.
    -------------100:1----------50:1
    5 liters => 50ml times 2 =100ml
    11.3 liters => 113ml times 2 = 226ml
  18. Ryanx13 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 husqvarna wr250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2000 Polaris Sports Man
    Auto lubes are great ill they stop working and you blow your engine. Also was it hooked up with no oil in the autolube because sometimes people do that and it ruins the pump. honestly it is all a matter of preferance and how much u trust the pump. my 1991 boat that has a 175 hp engine uses and auto lube system and it still works great.
  19. Slavcho Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMS 125 -08
    Other Motorcycles:
    Simson S51 Enduro
    How to bypass the ECU 1 Error when I disconect the oil pump? I have Husqvarna sms 125 2008 and I want to ran premix. But when i disconnect the oil pump ECU 1 displayed, and the engine stops?
  20. Phil M. Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    77 RM125
    I've never had one on a Husky, but my daughters 50 suzuki quad sport has one and that silly thing will build back pressure and leak out the vent tube after its parked. I still use it though just have to take the cap off when I park it. I know this in no way helps you