1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

Should I Re-valve??

Discussion in '2st' started by TC-NW-BRAAP, Jul 3, 2021.

1. TC-NW-BRAAP Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    none
    First post on here guys so take it easy on a brother lol....
    Just recently got this 17' TE300 and its the first bike I've had that's been properly sprung for my weight. I weigh around 250ish (hopefully less after this keto experiment with my wife) and the guy that I bought from weighed the same and said he put the correct springs in front/rear for our weight. I know you are supposed to calc spring rate based on total weight with gear which I'm guessing he did. Right now I have the bike set to "comfort" settings out of the manual. I am an intermediate rider/possibly advanced (NOT Pro) and will mostly be riding bumpy, Rooty, rocky single track in the Cascades here in WA state. Is re-valving necessary? I've never had professionally done suspension and this bike has low hours and I can justify throwing some bucks at it, but only want to if it's necessary or will make a significant difference. The bike is already the most nimble, best handling bike I've ever had. Other things need to be purchased but I need to prioritize here. Thank you for any input!!
  2. ggg Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE250 14
    Other Motorcycles:
    NONE
    the 17 forks had no adjustability, try turning the clicks 6 turns any way and result will be the same, no difference in damping, if you happy with that no need to spend money
    steadydirt likes this.
  3. steadydirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 2002 wr 250 1994 wxe 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    fj 1100 cb500 cb350 rt 200 xs 650
    many simple things one can do to personalize forks before spending on re/valve; 1; fresh oil, lighter/ heavier; big difference; 2; spring swap, lighter/heavier; 3; check preload spacers for ride height and sag;
  4. BenM Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE300 WR360 WR125 CR250 WXE250 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    950ADV, 250XC, IT465,
    I bought my '17 TE300 new and immediately re-sprung for my weight per the manual. I ride New England woods (so lots of rocks and roots) and it was still very stiff. Had a local suspension guru re-valve (and respring the rear) and it improved it a lot. He even said he was surprised with the valving he took out was motocross stiff.

But if you're happy with it, then there's no reason to spend money on it. Maybe find someone with a re-valved TE to compare it to yours.