1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

should i buy a husqvarna

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by wrecks alot, Sep 11, 2012.

1. wrecks alot Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    yamaha
    well here it is i curently run a 06 yamaha wrf 450 with a alot of miles we ride trail once a week and i ride it to work every day it has worked flawless ive probably got no joke 10-15 thousand miles on it looking to up grade to a 511 but im alittle worried aboat switching from yamaha does the 511 have valve issues what is the reliability how far can you go on atank of fuel parts availability cause we run alot of cross country help me out please and please be honest thanks for the help
  2. eldridge 216 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 wr 300, 09 txc450, 08txc 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Suzuki dr 650, Triumph Daytona 675
    i cannot vouch for the new motor on the 449's, and 511's because we have only put about 25 hours on our 449, but if its built anything like the previous 450's you will out last your yamaha big time. i used to race mainly suzuki's also hondas, yamahas, kawasakis,and ktm's. i had 5 rmz 450's they would last me any where between 50 and 100 hours of riding depending if it was my race bike or practice bike. i purchased my first husky in 2008 it was a txc450, that bike lasted 613 hours of racing in the A class off road, and open pro class in a local mx series, won 3 championships with it before the water pump fell off the shaft (rode it a month like that with out knowing) and finally blew the head gasket. and not one valve adjustment always started first kick. now with that being said after 4 huskies the one down side i found was the huskys were a little harder to get dialed in especially in the suspension department. as far as parts go you just call up a husky dealer, i use wilmington powersports here in nc, or halls in illinois they seem to stock everything, and i usually get the part to me in NC with in 3 business days. its just like all companies these days, dealers usually dont stock anything locally with the exception of common parts that wear out, or break ( levers, perches, filters, ect) so you end up waiting 3-5 days for parts to a jap bike anyway. and husky parts are not anymore expensive from what i have found, i order parts on a regualr basis for all my bikes and most of the time my husky parts are cheapest. to answer your last question depending on who long of a cross country race your are talking its prob not a big enough tank. i know in 2 hour race we stop once, 4 hr twice, i usually go a hour and a half at at time.......and yes i have ran out of gas in a race more than once lol.

anyway this is just what ive found out from my husky experiences, talk to more people, and definatly go ride a 511 and see what you think.
  3. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    I like the Yamaha wr450, I think it is a great bike. But imo, it doesn't even compare with the 449/511's. I love the TE511, even in stock form, it takes me everywhere I wish to go. Adding aftermarket exhaust and tuner makes it really rip. There are no reliability issues with the top ends on the 449/511s that I am aware of. Maintenance is very easy on it. It is a little different to ride at first, but I was very happy with the new traction making even the nastiest uphills a breeze, not to mention the thing is a wheelie king. The efi engine power is very linear, almost electrically smooth. Check out some of Motorsportz threads.:)

http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/262-miles-on-my-te511-this-weekend.27494/
  4. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Go for it. Some guys here have lots of hours with nothing more than regular easy maintenance. It all depends on how you treat it, just like any other bike.

I think you'll find a LOT more in terms of value for the money. We're talking Brembo, KYB, Magura, and other top shelf components that you won't get on a comparably priced street legal WR450...ooops, they only have a 250 that's street legal now, and it ain't cheap...:excuseme:
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I replied to you on TT but here it is again...

GREAT bike. I have owned GOBS of bikes from most brands. My TE511 after 3200 miles has been a GREAT do it all bike. Love that thing. I found it has far less issues than previous huskys. No clutch slave issue, no loose sub frames, no decomp issues, no battery ejecting into the airfilter etc. Not to say older huskys are bad in any way, love those too. the valves have remained spot on after 3200 miles. Have not adjusted them once. Issues? Motor vent tube needs relocated from the airbox to somewhere higher so it does not puke motor oil onto the air filter. EZ fix. You need to learn how to fill it with the right level oil. It seems like your not putting enough in until you start it up and warm it up and the it raises a lot. Not an issue just a process to figure out. JD EFI tuner is not "needed" as it runs great but adds a ton of power with an uncorked muffler and adds flexibility. Wheels are not as solid as the Excels and need more spoke tightening than in the past. Basically this is a great, solid do it all mount. I love riding mine and find it very accommodating and enabling. I just did a three day ride where we rode 60 miles per day of gnarly single track and then after the last day i rode it home 82 miles!!! Not a ton of bikes that will do single track gnar and street duties, this one does it willingly. Lots of cool little future think stuff going on with this bike. Might seem goofy at first but the more you own it the more it makes sense. the air box, while not super EZ no tool unit keeps their filter about 3x as clean as it is up top and not roosted by the back wheel (so you have to clean it a lot less) and draws clean air in up high. Stays far cleaner (maintains power) in deep silt / dust and will go much deeper in creek crossings. The CTS makes changing the CS sprocket slightly harder but also allows you to easily clean and regrease the swing arm bearings at the same time and that is super simple and avoids the older swing arm bearing nightmares. The chain and sprockets also seem to last a lot longer do to the CTS keeping the chain from whipping. The odd top linkage means the bottom of the bike is smooth for log crossings and will not mangle the linkage and grind dirt into it. makes pulling the swing arm EZ and had zerks for grease. Love it. Odd gas tank location is really a none issue for me and I believe makes the bike feel more nimble. KTM 350 buddy of mine rode it and said "wow, that thing is way more flickable and quick turning than I thought it would be"

These bikes are a great deal. Solid performers and fun to look at and lots of questions asked.

My opinion only.

And every post needs a picture so...

[IMG]
    Bud70 and Tinken like this.
  6. Bud70 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr360 95,cr 125 98,cr50 00,te250meo
    Other Motorcycles:
    4 wheeler110,crf150r 12
    Hi motosportz can you get one of the rear fuel tanks for a te 250.I hope so it would come in handy.
  7. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The wr450 is a much smaller bike and super reliable.
    The HUSKY is a little more quirky but maybe more flexible
    Its quite a bit different than any yamaha

Ride one first.
  8. Benriding Husqvarna
    AA Class

I really think these are great bikes, with your description of your riding make sure the gearbox fits your need as I believe it is closer than the WR. Obviously final drive changes could work well for you. Otherwise I think it would be a good bike for you.
  9. Rearwheelin Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 XCW 300
    TE 511 is awesome . It stacks up at the top of the pack and for my type of ridding it's the best choice for tough trails.