Shorai Battery in a TE630

Discussion in '610/630' started by Eoin, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Eoin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630, TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Africa Twin AS
    My battery is toast. It's showing a decent Voltage, but struggles to turn over the engine fast enough to fire up. Stock Yuasa battery in it at the moment. I have a local company does the Shorai batteries and see that I can get a greater Ah capacity in a smaller case with better cranking Amps, which I think is the biggest issue. What is the latest experience on these batteries from people who have run them for a period of time on a 630 / 610?
  2. Darkside Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none left
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta, ktm, aprilia
    I have tried many LiPo battery brands. I've had the best luck with Shorai. From my italian husky's and now my beta, ktm, aprilia. I run them in all my bikes now
    Eoin likes this.
  3. Eoin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630, TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Africa Twin AS
    I went to Lincoln and dropped in at the Shorai distributor, and they were closed. I wanted to get the bike running, so picked up a Yuasa on the way home. Maybe next time in a few years.
  4. 268fords Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08' TE510'
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CRF 100, Kawasaki KLX 110
    My shorai is 6-7 years old right now and still works good. I’ve let the bike sit for 6+ months at a time and it still starts
  5. Eoin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630, TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Africa Twin AS
    I only dipped out on it because the dealer was shut during normal working hours and I wanted to get it running again.