1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Shock Differences

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Chef, Dec 28, 2017.

1. Chef Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 Cr165, 09 Wr165
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 Husaberg FE650, 07 BMW 650 Dakar
    I’m working on my 09 wr165. I’ve pulled the suspension off for servicing and I got looking at the rear shock. I also have a rear shock off an 08 te250. These shocks seem the same and the te shock fits in the wr. The difference is that the te shock has a longer reservoir. Would this make it a better shock, having more reservoir space.
    Both are Sachs shocks.
    Just looking to put in the best of the two shocks.
    Any input would be appreciated.

Thx
    K
  2. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
    Clearance is the biggest issue, Yes it will fit but you will have to tweek the pipe to get the stinger to clear the bigger reservoir.
    And if my memory is correct the angle that the reservoir leaves the shock body is different on some of the 4 banger items.
  3. Chef Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 Cr165, 09 Wr165
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 Husaberg FE650, 07 BMW 650 Dakar
    Yes. I’m sure I can get it to fit. Question is is it worth it? Is the TE shock better?
  4. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    Since they're the same era I wouldn't expect the TE shock to be better in general. You may like it better though. If it's stock probably different spring rate and valving.
    I would hope the 165 shock works better on the 165 and TE shock works better on the TE :cheers:
  5. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430, ,400, 175
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM250xc, KTM500mx, KTM440exc
    Somewhere around those years (sorry I don't remember) the Sachs shock upgraded to a having a check-valve in the "rebound" damping circuit. That's a magnificent upgrade, IMO, so if the 09 shock has that then build off that one. If not, then neither has an advantage when tuned to its best.
    NCSteve likes this.